How about we get a Big Block forum section?

TweekedGT

Jul 22, 2004
Alberta
I notice there is no tech for big block guys, why not? They have been around forever and make unbelievable power. They drop easily into Fox bodies with little modification. How do we go about getting such a section on Stangnet. I dropped MRaburn a pm to see about adding a section like that but not sure if that was the proper way to go about it. Can one of you mods chime in and let me know if and how we could get a 429-460 forum section started? I think if people realize who much power these motors make and how easily adaptable to our cars they are they would be interested. You can easily make 750HP N/A out of a 460 and still run pump gas.

• Sponsors (?)

There's plenty of tech for big blocks. Try the search function in the tech section and look at the Index sticky at the top of tech.

Your suggestion however, is not lost to me. I'll talk it over with my cohorts. Personally, I don't see why we couldn't create a Big Block section for the Fox.

If you can't find enough tech on the 460 here you can check out www.460ford.com. Lots of good tech over there. Hopefully in the not too distant future I can start making some use of that tech :D

That's where I've been going lately actually but why should we have to? They do have some serious knowledge of the old Big blocks though, man there are some amazing engines over there. We have every other type of forum section here, why not a bigblock section? Just my .02. I think we may be able to bring some of them over here.

I did do a search and have posted some queries in 5.0 tech and no one responds. We don't have big block people here because we don't have a big block section. As the old adage goes "If you build it, they will come!" Like I said it's just my .02 and something I think we are lacking and could bring some good posts and tech. Teach the youngsters coming up what real power is :D .

There's plenty of tech for big blocks. Try the search function in the tech section and look at the Index sticky at the top of tech.

Your suggestion however, is not lost to me. I'll talk it over with my cohorts. Personally, I don't see why we couldn't create a Big Block section for the Fox.

Thanks Daggar, see what happens. I think it would be good. I don't think a lot of people realize the potential those motors have. Who needs blowers, turbos, and nitrous when you have a 750HP pump gas friendly 557 under the hood :nice: .

P.S. I did check the Other Tech section in the 5.0 tech and it is really nothing but Cougar's, Honda's, Geo's and Expeditions.

Who needs blowers, turbos, and nitrous when you have a 750HP pump gas friendly 557 under the hood :nice: .

Me. :p

...but... different stroke and all... The big block Fox has been kind of neglected here, me thinks. Likely because Ford never produced one. That doesn't mean we shouldn't give it a shot and see how it goes.

If you can't find enough tech on the 460 here you can check out www.460ford.com. Lots of good tech over there. Hopefully in the not too distant future I can start making some use of that tech :D

one of the guys on that site is porting a set of trickflow A460's for my dad's new engine right now. I have a big block 91 lx coupe that I don't post much about on here because there is no section for them here. I like the old big blocks there is a ton of potential in those old motors.

I notice there is no tech for big block guys, why not? They have been around forever and make unbelievable power. They drop easily into Fox bodies with little modification. How do we go about getting such a section on Stangnet. I dropped MRaburn a pm to see about adding a section like that but not sure if that was the proper way to go about it. Can one of you mods chime in and let me know if and how we could get a 429-460 forum section started? I think if people realize who much power these motors make and how easily adaptable to our cars they are they would be interested. You can easily make 750HP N/A out of a 460 and still run pump gas.

Request denied...

Naw... not really. The forum is now created. I think it's a good idea and thank you for the suggestion. If it's active and grows like the rest of 5oh does, we'll keep it. So let's use it guys/gals! :nice:

Say hellow to our newest forum...

Fox Big Block

one of the guys on that site is porting a set of trickflow A460's for my dad's new engine right now. I have a big block 91 lx coupe that I don't post much about on here because there is no section for them here. I like the old big blocks there is a ton of potential in those old motors.

My next project is going to be a 4cyl coupe converted to a stroked BBF. Pretty much gonna be a race car.