How are the ford racing lowering springs?

• Sponsors (?)

Which Ford springs are you talking about? FMS has several different types of springs. As Zach mentioned above, the C springs are on a lot of cars on this site. I think you can get those for $95, and I haven't heard any complaints about them. Personally, I like the look of the Eibach pro kit (about 1.5''), but it's a bit pricey. Also it has progressive rate springs which I wouldn't want.

Its not necessary, but I would recommend getting at the very least new shocks and struts, or your ride quality may go to crap. The factory shocks/struts are terrible and mine were about shot anyway when I did my suspension. If you do decide to go this route look into some bilstein's, they are pricey but are off great quality!

they work great for me. alot stiffer than the eibachs i have on my red mustang. i like the FRPP over the Eibachs. the FRPP seem lower but its prolly due to the fact that they don't have spring insolators. when you get springs, replace them as well, less noise.

Need springs but what kind? There are 425 LB and 650Lb which would be better? I want the car to ride low but not too low since its my daily driver.
O yah I've heard people say good things about the FMS C kit where can i find it?

pleasehelp said:
How far do they lower the car? Do they affect ride quality? These are ?s for the C springs. Thanks.

The C Springs droped my car about in inch and a quarter. Not to much and not to little. My ride quality has gone down some ( I notice bumps more) but I belive thats do to the fact that I have stock shocks w/ over 100K on them. I got my C Springs for about $120. The only time you have to change suspension is if you drop the car more then 2 inches b/c it puts to much stress on other stock suspension components. Thats why Ricers handel like crap, they think they can slam it to the ground w/ out doing anthing else to the car.

viperos said:
there is a site that has them for $95 brand new... what's that site? someone showed me a while ago...

-anyway, they lower the car like 1"/1.2" front/back... I'm going to be doing these soon myself... what shocks/struts are decent quality (but not too expensive) for these springs? also, what CC plates should I get, if any...?

You don't "need" new CC plates persay, but they're really nice to have. Maximum Motorsports is what I'd recommend for the plates.

Edit: For the shocks/struts, if you want cheap and decent get the Tokico Mach1 Shock/Strut set from http://www.fordpartsnetwork.com/03Cobra.htm for $180

they are made for the sn95 mustang, but where only put on the mach, also look at the bullitt shocks/struts, but I think they are about the same thing, the fronts might be better for you because the mach1 had a front end weght change with the larger heads. I would go with the bullitts, in fact just go to www.gefracing.com look under the bullitt parts section and they have a complete spring/shock/strut set up for under $400!!!

white5oh said:
So how do spring rates change ride quality? 425lbs vs 650lbs??

With the right struts, it won't make much difference. When I had the B set, 425-530lb, and KYBs, it would bounce and jar the hell out of me on bumps. Now, with the 650lb C set and Cobra coupe Bilsteins, it is still kind of harsh on severely rough places but better than before. Most stuff in the road that I could feel before, I can't anymore, and what I do feel hits in a nice steady thump instead of the bone-jarring smash from before.

well, look at it this way, it night/day between your stock springs... kinda like me going from my 92 taurus GT to a 95 Mustang GT... I drove my taurus again the other day, and when I went around a corner, I smacked my head in the window :nonono: because they springs were so soft...

-ride quality will go down a bit, but you'll be able to corner at about 20% faster speeds :D