How bad is it to bump the rev limiter?

Hello All,

Long story short. Had a near miss yesterday that required me to hold the petal on the floor to avoid. No harm done, but I did hit the rev limiter a split second before I shifted. I did not get any idiot lights or see any smoke, but it was hella hot yesterday (95+). What damage, if any, should I be looking for? I have a '98 Cobra if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance,
-J-

• Sponsors (?)

I got NO REV LIM anymore. Mike Murillo from MurilloMotorSports turned it off in my Autologic setup.

I did a launch at 5K the other day, on a deadend road (were I practice), my tires spun hard, smoked with minor traction (I was moving forward a littlle), I happend to look down and saw 7500 RPMS. Happened so fast, I freaked , but she hung in there. So I know what Mike did worked.

I was on my street tires, but they are 315s.

J

In the 94-95 is there still a fuel cut causing a lean condition?

I've seen a guy autox his 99-02 Mustang GT watch him hit the limiter as much as probably 3-4 times in a row reason being on some tight courses going into 3rd will just give you to much entry speed and also cause you to have gear down in the turn to prepare for the next.

So how bad is it really and is there a way to change the limiter to just a spark cut perhaps? Since In that situation hitting the limiter acutally makes more since for getting the better time.
Just something I've been thinking about...thoughts?