How come nobody makes Roush wheel replicas?

• Sponsors (?)

:fuss: i said how come nobody makes Roush REPLICAS like they do with Saleen :fuss: :chair: :damnit:. perhaps someone can come up with a reason as to why it isn't done and not give me a link to a site that sells genuine Roush wheels :rolleyes: :fuss:

tru they are the stallion wheels, but i've known about those for a while now. what i'm asking is how come a company like AFSWheels or Wheel Replicas don't make Roush wheel replicas. it strikes me curious that they will do Saleen knockoffs, but not Roush.

yeah

looks like they make them to me..
ROUSH_WHEEL.jpg
hehe..

if that't the case, how come Saleen hasn't sued the crap outta these companies yet? WRXracer and Volldamort: those are the genuine Roush wheels used on then 96-98 Roush stage 2 mustangs. they don't have the polished lip like the 99+ versions do.

I still think its likely a Trademark issue, there are two posibilities that I see, First Saleen is technicaly a manufactuers, and Roush is a customizer. Meaning Saleen buys cars from Ford under a special agreement, then sells them as if they made them. Therefore laws that insure the supply of aftermarket generic body parts may apply. Second Roush wheels spell out the name "Roush" which is easy to trademark, Saleens appear to use a stylized "S", this is much harder to trademark, as even slightly different typestyles may be enough different to slip by the legal system.

Ike

p.s. It may also be that the Saleen logo is on the center cap, which is often not included with the aftermarket wheel. (you get the Saleen style wheel, but if you want the "S" you have to buy it seperately), where the Roush wheels have the name printed on the spoke

Saleen has never made their own wheels; they are just badged Saleen by the company (Speedline?) that makes them.

AFS just now released their Saleen knockoff, it's pretty new. If they make a 96-98 version wheel, I'll be all over them. :drool: