How did you and how long did you have to look to find your stang?

1hot5.0

Founding Member
Sep 6, 2002
Surprise, Arizona
I sold my stang almost 2 weeks ago to buy one w/ a 5 speed, and it is proving to be quite difficult. I guess you can say im getting a little bit frustrated, :bang:

With that said, how did you find your stang, and how long were you looking before you bought it?

• Sponsors (?)

originally i was lookin for a fox hatch or notch 5spd, but i decided that i would get an auto cause there were more of em available in the area.......so i looked at 3 autos and i didnt really like any of em, and while i was lookin at one at a used car place, there was my 95 on one of those stands on teh highway, all beautified and ****, so i bought it.......

I looked for 4 months back in 1998. I wanted a black one with less than 30,000 miles. I called 350 dealers in IL, MO, WI, IA, and IN. I ended up finding my car in Ohio, 600 miles from my home in IL. It was a very long and frustrating experience. I cant even imagine trying to find a car like mine now.

I was originally in the market for a 93 cobra...looked into that for about 4 months but couldn't find what I wanted...then I decided I was more interested in 5.0 SN95's, so I looked for another 8-9 months till I found mine...

It had to be the following things:
Red
Black Leather Interior
Cobra
as much stock as possible (so nobody had messed it up)

took a long time to find that for a decent price, but in the end you end up happier when you get exactly what you want :nice:

I'll tell you this ....DO NOT RUSH!!!
don't settle for anything, my last 2 cars i rushed into and regret it BIG TIME!!!

I waited about 3 weeks to get my baby, mommy had to drive me to work and school (senior in HS gettin dropped of by parents,lol)

IT PAYS TO BE PATIENT!

95riosnake said:
I was originally in the market for a 93 cobra...looked into that for about 4 months but couldn't find what I wanted...then I decided I was more interested in 5.0 SN95's, so I looked for another 8-9 months till I found mine...

It had to be the following things:
Red
Black Leather Interior
Cobra
as much stock as possible (so nobody had messed it up)

took a long time to find that for a decent price, but in the end you end up happier when you get exactly what you want :nice:
hit the nail right on the head.....i ALWAYS wanted an SN95, but i didnt think i could afford it.....i was wrong.......

i wasn't even looking. the POS VW i had was on down time. as usual. and my sister was driving me to central jersey so i could help my cousin put new windows in his house. we happen to pass by the used car dealer thats like 3 blocks from my parenst house. they had just put the 95 cobra out that morning, black, tan leather, 5 speed, with only 34K. so i had my sister stop the car in the middle of the intersection, jumped out into on coming traffic. ran across the street. told the guy i don't care what you do but that black stang doesn't get sold til we talk. i'll be back tomorrow. (i was late)
next day was waiting for the guy to open. test drove it. put a $100 deposit on it. then waited till the next day to hear if i could get a loan. i did, put the 4K down. and drove it home.

now all i have to do is wait til oct or nov of this year, and it will be paid off. then put those car payments toward a fastback. lol

sorry I didnt fully answer your question lol....I see you also asked how I found it...

I ended up finding it on autotrader.com...

the thing is, it was a non-photo ad, which I never even look at. Well, trust me, you should check out some of the non-photo ads, sometimes they are very nice cars that nobody has noticed.

Next morning I called in sick to work and drove 3 hours to go look at it and ended up buying it on the spot (my parents went with me to co-sign the loan on the way out of town lol). The guy had to call 4 other people as I was counting the money out (all CASH!) to his wife to tell them the car was sold....SUCKERS!!! :banana:

95riosnake said:
sorry I didnt fully answer your question lol....I see you also asked how I found it...

I ended up finding it on autotrader.com...

the thing is, it was a non-photo ad, which I never even look at. Well, trust me, you should check out some of the non-photo ads, sometimes they are very nice cars that nobody has noticed.

Next morning I called in sick to work and drove 3 hours to go look at it and ended up buying it on the spot (my parents went with me to co-sign the loan on the way out of town lol). The guy had to call 4 other people as I was counting the money out (all CASH!) to his wife to tell them the car was sold....SUCKERS!!! :banana:

:nice:

1hot5.0 said:
Just seems like there is no stangs out here right now... Oh well, I'm definitly gonna hold out. I want stang #3 to be what I really want. :)

I think if you wait till the fall you will see more come up for sale, it seems thats how it usually goes....plus if you buy one that needs some stuff, you'll have all winter to wrench on it and get it perfect while you drive a beater if you get one like you said :nice:

i was working at a chevy dealer in florida and one day they got a 95 black cobra in on trade. i was driving a t/a at the time, but my wife was getting ready to graduate colleg and needed a car. we bought it the next day. after about 2 days the owner came back to the dealer to give us a strange looking dolly. turns out it was for the removeable hardtop. did some research and found it was quite rare, needless to say we were pleased being we only paid $6k!

I looked for over two years for mine. Talk about being patient. It HAD to be a rio red 94/95 cobra with black leather; hard combo to find but i found it with only old school Ravin mufflers as mods. Picked it up at about 9:30 in the hardest rain storm we had that entire year a couple years back. I had fun on the way home heh.

I was looking for cars before i was ever even "allowed" to buy one (i was gonna buy it myself with own money but didn't have permission to :notnice: )

I was looking for a long time all over autotrader for a 87-93 because i thought thats all i could afford. Then one monday i found mine online. Drove it wednesday. Bought it on friday :D .

I had zero interest in mustangs at all when I got mine, in fact I was a bonafide ford hater. I was looking for a cheap reliable car at a dealer and called home to ask my step-dad to cosign on a '01 Chevy Malibu (I am a College Student with ZERO money) he said he'd have to call me back. About 4 hours later he called me back and told me he wouldn't cosign but that he would sell me his 94 mustang GT convertible, which he had only had for a few months. He offered it for $3500, $500 now, and $100 a month....I left that night and drove home (17.5 hours) with my roommate to pick it up, then back (17.5) and had to work 2 hours later.

Needless to say the mustang has changed my mind on fords...and I wouldn't want any other car!