How do I hit 300rwhp?

• Sponsors (?)

You don't need AFR 185's...you would have to notch your pistons anywayz...to get them to clear...

Just go with AFR 165's, Edelbrock RPM or RPM II, FTI custom cam, 24 or 30lb injectors, bigger fuel pump, bigger MAF and TB, and you will have over 300rwhp...you could probably go cheaper and get borderline 300rwhp...its all up to you...

Good Luck
David

Im at about 265 flywheel.I have Dense air charger(CAI),75mm bullet maf,Im putting my 65mm TB on tomorrow,FMS shorty's Screamin Demon ign. system,Flowmasters,and a 2800 stall speed conv.//// Im thinking of Thumper heads,T-moss lower intake,and a full Bassini Exhaust system.(LT Headers,x-pipe and muffs) That should do the trick!!

I was lookin at AFR just because they put up really good numbers, but i dont really care if i get alluminum or cast iron heads. I know cast iron is cheaper but does anyone know of any decent flow cast heads? As far as intake goes i was lookin at the typhoon, and when it comes to cams i dont really think i know what im doin

As far as immediate mods go, im getting a black magic electric fan kit, i need travel resistors so my 17x9's dont rub an alluminum drive shaft, and a MRT short throw (it has a pro 5.0 with some nasty hurst handle, i hate it) and thinkin about gettin a bigger MAF but I should probably wait on that one until i get new injectors.

willys1 said:
Im at about 265 flywheel.I have Dense air charger(CAI),75mm bullet maf,Im putting my 65mm TB on tomorrow,FMS shorty's Screamin Demon ign. system,Flowmasters,and a 2800 stall speed conv.//// Im thinking of Thumper heads,T-moss lower intake,and a full Bassini Exhaust system.(LT Headers,x-pipe and muffs) That should do the trick!!

You mean you'll get 300fwhp right?

88CougarMan said:
fwhp? Don't you mean rwhp?

No...look at willys post...he said hes got about 265fwhp and then he listed some mods that would get him a little over 300fwhp...and then when you look at the thread "how to get 300rwhp?"...it doesn't match... :shrug:

5spd GT said:
No...look at willys post...he said hes got about 265fwhp and then he listed some mods that would get him a little over 300fwhp...and then when you look at the thread "how to get 300rwhp?"...it doesn't match... :shrug:
Hey Dip sh@t!!! If you see a post of mine,turn around and go the other way,you are a pain in the @ss :notnice:

mattkimsey said:
Would the trick flow kit that summit sells get him 300rwhp? It seems pretty good for 2k because it comes with alot of stuff. I was also thinking of getting it in the future.

Yes.

I bought all the pieces of thier "kit" a few years ago. I have no doubt i would be close if not slightly over 300 rwhp.

willys1 said:
Nah dude,this guy follows up alot of my posts like that! Its getting annoying.

Umm...okay...I guess I can't fight back there...they were probably more "nonrude" posts...lol :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Grover Dill...I love that car...your links are under my Favorites :nice:

David

I doubt anyone will ever get 300rwhp with tmoss intake/thumper heads, not to hate on their work. As for 300 rwhp you can get just about any companies heads/intake/ and almost any cam other than stock and hit 300 rwhp. i perfer TFS but i dont want to bring in any bias into the argument.

I wouldnt start with 185's unless your planning to notch the pistons.