How do I hit 300rwhp?

you need h/c/i or juice or just throw a super or turbo charger on it... gas is the cheapest... i would guestimate h/c/i at about 2000 if you do it yourself... forced induction will be the most expensive at something north of 3000...

• Sponsors (?)

StreetStang37 said:
and also willys1 I doubt you gained 40hp from that short list of mods.
Dense Air Charger and 75mm bullet=12-15hp(dyno proven)// 65mm accufab TB=5-8hp// FMS shorty headers=10-15hp//Screamin Demon ign.system 9.6 hp (dyno proven),,,,,Dont know about my PI 2800 stall speed conv,if it adds any hp,but its the best mod Ive put on so far!!!! Next!

willys1 said:
Dense Air Charger and 75mm bullet=12-15hp(dyno proven)// 65mm accufab TB=5-8hp// FMS shorty headers=10-15hp//Screamin Demon ign.system 9.6 hp (dyno proven),,,,,Dont know about my PI 2800 stall speed conv,if it adds any hp,but its the best mod Ive put on so far!!!! Next!

Have you actually had it dyno to proven that you gaind 40 RWHP from that or are you adding up the #'s in the mag like ricers do :rlaugh: , just courious b/c you wont gain 10-15 HP from Shorty Headers.

w/ a C&L Mass Air System and a Cobra Intake I gained 21 RWHP on the dyno, so actual flywheel HP was closer to 40.

willys1 said:
Im at about 265 flywheel.I have Dense air charger(CAI),75mm bullet maf,Im putting my 65mm TB on tomorrow,FMS shorty's Screamin Demon ign. system,Flowmasters,and a 2800 stall speed conv.//// Im thinking of Thumper heads,T-moss lower intake,and a full Bassini Exhaust system.(LT Headers,x-pipe and muffs) That should do the trick!!

From that list of mods Id say your no where close to 265 Flywheel HP, Id say more like 240 maybe 250 and you RWHP is some what like 210-220. Im at 265 Flywheel and w/ a 13% drivetrain loss that comes out to my 231 I pulled on the dyno. I have alot more Power mods in my sig then you do so theres no way your at 265 Flywheel. The only thing you do have that adds power is 75MM bullet MAF, Headers, Flowmasters.

Striped5.0 said:
Have you actually had it dyno to proven that you gaind 40 RWHP from that or are you adding up the #'s in the mag like ricers do :rlaugh: , just courious b/c you wont gain 10-15 HP from Shorty Headers.

w/ a C&L Mass Air System and a Cobra Intake I gained 21 RWHP on the dyno, so actual flywheel HP was closer to 40.
** Well, I did say flywheel! Im going within the next 2 weeks to a Dyno. I agree about the shorty headers.I called this Ford tech line and he said 10% increase !! That sounded a little steap!! When I got them on, I noticed a loss in bottom end torque. But It did give me more on the top end!! When I go I'LL let you know how I make out,even If Im greatly disapointed!But Im thinking 222 to the wheels!!

willys1 said:
** Well, I did say flywheel! Im going within the next 2 weeks to a Dyno. I agree about the shorty headers.I called this Ford tech line and he said 10% increase !! That sounded a little steap!! When I got them on, I noticed a loss in bottom end torque. But It did give me more on the top end!! When I go I'LL let you know how I make out,even If Im greatly disapointed!But Im thinking 222 to the wheels!!

I know you said fly wheel but your claiming 265 Flywheel and your no where close to that b/c thats what Im at and put down 231 on the dyno w/ my mods. Your going to need the basics like pullies and an Intake if you want to get up in the 260's-270's in Flywheel HP.

I have not gone on the dyno but the combo of JBA shorties and Bassani X pipe with cats feels like about 20 hp and no loss on bottom end! Now remember that is compared to my old exhaust with 100,000 mi cats! I still use the stock mufflers but they sure do sound better now!

Honestly I would give Ed Curtis a call and he can set up a combo for you that is with in the price range of the Trick Flow Kit that Summit has to offer...the nice thing about FTI stuff is that it is proven...Keep in mind that peak HP means nothing...just like peak flow numbers...My suggestion would be AFR 165's due to the fact that you won't have to notch your pistons...plus it is always better to have a smaller cc head on a 302...you'll like the TQ down low and the HP up top...185's are a little too much for a 302 unless you get a nice custom cam to take advantage of them...off course some people will argue otherwise...