How do I install a header panel...

Chalice

Sep 8, 2006
My teenager had her licence for two weeks before she wrecked our '98 Mustang. She broke both the headlights, the header panel, cracked the hood and lost the pony.
I have the header panel and headlights and wanted to go ahead and fix that. Does anyone know what I have to do and what tools I need to take off the bumper, headlights and header panel?
Thank you for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

Header Panel? Are you sure you aren't talking about the fenders? I've tore apart the front end on my '96 several times and I've never heard of a header panel.

Tools you'll need are :: Metric socket set - plus very small deep socket for removal of headlamps (Somewhere in the lines of 5mm - 7mm,not sure exactly
:Torx (Star) bits - Security torx if you are removing front pony emblem.
:3/8 drive ratchet
:A drill + high speed steel bits for drilling out rivets holding upper portion of bumper cover
Plus a few other basic hand tools (Pliers,screwdriver etc)

I can walk you through the steps which can take a little while or you can go to your local Auto Parts store (Discount Auto Parts ) and get a Haynes repair manual for '94 - '01 Mustang.Only $12 bucks and it covers all steps needed to remove & install all said items.Very informative.

One last word of advice.....Disconnect battery before removing your bumper.Air bag sensors are located behind the bumper and are very sensitive.

This post should go in the V6 Technical forums.