How do I install an adjustable proportioning valve?

Correct me if i'm not reading this right, but the front plug of the stock valve with the rubber center is leaking, correct?
If so, wouldn't it just be easiest to get another one? I can only imagine how many of us threw that part out during a disc brake conversion. While it may not be able to be had new, surely there is a bunch around.

• Sponsors (?)

Correct me if i'm not reading this right, but the front plug of the stock valve with the rubber center is leaking, correct?
If so, wouldn't it just be easiest to get another one? I can only imagine how many of us threw that part out during a disc brake conversion. While it may not be able to be had new, surely there is a bunch around.
I searched around online for them to no luck but to be honest I didn't even think about buying one from someone off of here. Whatever, I will switch to rear discs eventually so I'm not gonna complain

I don't think i'm sold on the idea of running an adjustable valve with drums. Drums are already unreliable enough by themselves, now you will adding another variable. I guess it could work, i just don't think i would do it. You would have two things that needed adjusting, the drums and the valve.
If you read the MM description, i don't think it says anywhere for use with drums, pretty much all of it says when converting to another type of brake system.
Also, after a quick search of ebay there is a few (over priced, but they are there).
Car-parts.com actually lists the whole valve with a bunch of sellers asking $45 too.

I'd fix it factory or just go all in on the disc brake conversion.

not esp
"...these cars..."
but any cars. Even another who wants to learn.
This is not neanderthal, knuckle draggin play but in some cases very sufisticated nuanced science. I have benifited from boots on the ground
AND
the extensive use of "books". A Haynes or Chitons (if rich the Ford Shop [tech] manuals R even better). If a true hobbiest U will develop extensive contacts. U seem fearless which is one aspect. The other is tenacity. Last a huge archive of vendors for all ur tool and vehicle needs (some specality tools R free). Having these - all U need is a place under cover and knowledge of safety measures so as to continue living AND having all ur body parts intact.

not esp
"...these cars..."
This is not neanderthal, knuckle draggin play but in some cases very sophisticated nuanced science. I have benefited from boots on the ground
AND
the extensive use of "books". A Haynes or Chitons (if rich the Ford Shop [tech] manuals R even better). If a true hobbiest U will develop extensive contacts. U seem fearless which is one aspect. The other is tenacity. Last a huge archive of vendors for all ur tool and vehicle needs (some specality tools R free). Having these - all U need is a place under cover and knowledge of safety measures so as to continue living AND having all ur body parts intact.

A 'P" valve proportions btwn frnt discs and back drums (or in rare cases rear discs, don't believe U need'em w/all disc or all drum). I C a 'Distribution Block' in the pic post # 12. I have not read closely, just skimmed, but the Master Cyl has a larger one of its resuvours (of the 2) go to a frnt disc system.

not esp
"...these cars..."
This is not neanderthal, knuckle draggin play but in some cases very sophisticated nuanced science. I have benefited from boots on the ground
AND

A 'P" valve proportions btwn frnt discs and back drums (or in rare cases rear discs, don't believe U need'em w/all disc or all drum). I C a 'Distribution Block' in the pic post # 12. I have not read closely, just skimmed, but the Master Cyl has a larger one of its resuvours (of the 2) go to a frnt disc system.
DDBB78F3-E724-4703-90AF-B211C40D4024.png

Reactions: 1 user
'S fine, U R not alone in that. Two learning disabilities, poor key bd skills, arthritis of the hands...we need more grammar police. The garage gets lonely. What i don't like is those who "will not stay in their lane". They tell U what U 'must do" when not even solicited for help. "U can't drive w/that car lowered 2 inches, etc, etc." Where was this guy last yr when I needed an expert to climb my back on (oh, I don't know....spark plug wires)...? Fact is? they don't just do it here. They seem 2B an ex - spirt in everything (an X is a has been, a spirt is H2O under pressure). 8^ 0

Arthritis of the hands or anything stinks.
If you spend some time here without so much attitude, you will find a lot of help and a decent community.
Here is a shortcut to help to figure out who is likely to be most helpful. Look at the labels next to the names. Often the longer they have been here the better. If you click on the user names, it will pop up messages, reaction score, and points.
As far as who are really pros, geniuses, or mad geniuses, that will take some reading.
(For example, I have a wide ranging resume before early retirement due to poor health.)

I have a very short resume, but a very specific skill set.
Oh, and a big tree in the back yard, lots of shade.
Friday was the one year anniversary of a huge windstorm. We had 70+ mph gusts out of both the north and west. The same big tree broke a branch in the top. I do not think it’s a good place to be a shade tree mechanic, especially since this year’s damage is still hanging up up there.