how do i remove light and ignition switchs?

none67

Oct 19, 2003
hey, i have everything out of my dash, but i can't get out the lights switch, and the ignition, i can't figure it out. and yes i checked in my ford manual. a little help please.
1967 coupe. small block.

• Sponsors (?)

There is a bezel on the front of the ignition switch that has three indentations on it. They make a special toll that attaches to your ratchet to take it out or you can use a screwdriver and hammer. Counterclockwise will remove the bezel and then the whole switch comes out the back...OR if you just want the part of the switch out that your key goes into, there is a small hole on the face of the switch that you insert a paperclip into and turn the key to the left and pull it out.
The headlight switch has a button on it under the dash that must be depressed to allow you to pull the knob out.

You can get a hand tool that takes care of the job quite well and has two different sizes, one on each end with a screwdriver handle in the middle. I ordered mine from Larry's Thunderird parts while doing my 57 T-Bird and have used it on Mustangs ever since. It is a handy tool and it was cheap. Get the tool so you don't mess up your chrome parts and once you have the tool these jobs seem super easy.