how do i take out my stock radio?

• Sponsors (?)

You need special tools for that. You can probably get them at the local part store. I think the Autozones around me sell them. They look like two big metal "U's". They plug into the holes on the sides of your radio. There is a hole on one side and one right below that and the same on the other side. Put the U tools in the holes and they pry the holding pins out of the way so you can remove the radio.

I removed mine once by sticking small nails in those holes. I don't recommend it though. The tool is very easy, and pretty cheap, and it will work on almost any ford vehicle, even the newest stangs.

notched86 said:
I got mine out by cutting a coat hanger wire in half, and bending the two pieces into the "U" shape to fit into the clips. I had to play with it a little, but it finally came out.

That;s the easiest way.

Cut a wire coat hanger into two U-shaped peices.

Stick each piece in the two holes as far in as they will go. Then force the ends of the u-shaped peice to the outside of the car while pulling out.

if you want to install the HU with little problems you should buy a wiring harness from walmart for 6.94. i just bought a cd player for my car and i tried putting it in, but i wasnt getting any power to a wire so im taking to tweeter. if you get the wiring harness it will make your life alot easier and you wont have to cut into any wires. the cd player should have come with its own wiring harness which should have about 12-14 wires coming from it, those wires connect to the harness you buy from walmart and from there the set up is that simple. but if you run into any problems i wouldnt try and fix it. id just take it to a pro.

91_4ourBanger said:
if you want to install the HU with little problems you should buy a wiring harness from walmart for 6.94. i just bought a cd player for my car and i tried putting it in, but i wasnt getting any power to a wire so im taking to tweeter. if you get the wiring harness it will make your life alot easier and you wont have to cut into any wires. the cd player should have come with its own wiring harness which should have about 12-14 wires coming from it, those wires connect to the harness you buy from walmart and from there the set up is that simple. but if you run into any problems i wouldnt try and fix it. id just take it to a pro.

mine did the same thing, stereo wasnt getting a good ground.