How do U recomend keeping inj from draining fuel when changing motors?

• Sponsors (?)

I just put a shop towel under them.

Your fuel system will lose the majority of its line pressure after your car sits and you unscrew the gascap.

The remaining fuel will just drain out.

Also - if you run your car completely out of gas there won't be any to drain! :D

Wes

During my engine pull, I finally found a down side or "con" about having a fuel rail guage. You can't relieve the pressure easily.

I had a bunch of fuel run out of mine.... but I need better gas for the new engine, so it wasn't all bad. :D

In your trunk there is a relay, I believe on your driver's side. You have to pull the trunk plastic lining away first. There is a connector that clips into the "relay", unplug this. This cuts off the fuel supply to your motor. You then start your car and let it run til it uses up whatever fuel that is still in the lines (usually only runs a few seconds). The pressure is then relieved and you can do whatever you need to do. :flag:

I just let the car sit overnight.

I tried that... mine still had a lot of pressure. Sat for a week or two actually. I was amazed at how much came out, even though the guage said it had now pressure. By the time I lowered the fuel rail to the inner fender to get it out of the way. I had a couple of rags full of gas. It did stop on it's own, so I don't think it created a syphon type situation.

For me it was okay. I needed the cheap gas out of there anyway. New engine won't like it. :D