how do ya feel about LS1 powered Mustangs?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm loyal to my Mustangs, I've been a Mustang fan since I can remember. I've had an old Firebird, not a bad car but doesn't compare to my notchback. But I'm not the type to talk **** about Chevy (unless it's to pick on friends) since I know every brand has its shortfalls.

I like the fox platform because of the aftermarket support for them. Suspension is old, sure who cares... Mine is stock except for Eibach coil springs and think it's okay. But I have the option to go full coil-over and even swap in a Cobra IRS. So that's the type of stuff that makes the Mustang fox platform so damn great, imo. Don't like the interior, swap in a 2000 something!!!!

We have the windsor family of engines to play with and stroker kits are pretty cheap to come by. So we can have a pretty lightweight 427 stroker windsor to swap into our fox. We can buy a kit to fit a big block Ford in there too. HOWEVER I still think it's creative to put an LS1 in there, not my cup of tea but mutant freaks are pretty cool to look at and you have to respect the skill and imgination that's invovled just the same.

What I like about Chebby is how easily you can swap engines, you can have a 2.8L V6 to 427 S10 without huge expensive modifications (unlike a Ford Ranger). But what body style do you have in the GM world that can compare to the fox Mustang in weight and aftermarket support? The only thing I can think of is the old 2 door Malibu for weight (not sure about aftermarket). You can't blame LS1 fans to start looking at other options :p :D

gheyest thread of 2007

My 2 cents...

That's the kind of abomination that a guy takes and shows off around the track or the garage. Then no sooner than he turns around people are laughing at him and joking.

It's like getting a Coca Cola out of a Pepsi machine. It's great but it's not what I asked for when the abomination was rolled into my site.

I support it IN FACT i was going to do it to my fox............But i couldn't find a complete LS1 with an A4 around here. And if i did they treated them like gold. From what i have read and looked at it's not easy at all to do the swap, and it's not cheap lol. Well to do it right i should say, i saw the dash's tore out to redo wiring for the PCM and all new gauges cause the A4 needs a electrical speedo etc. etc. But i decided to rebuild the 306 myself and slap a turbo on it.

Anyways i could give a **** less where the motor comes from, i'm not building this thing to be brand loyal. I'm building it to have fun and go fast.

You guys crack me up!! ford should go with ford and yada yada....who really cares. Most of the people that have thes cars are probally because it's a decent starting platfprm for a fun car...not because it's a ford...If you have the ability to put in a LS1 motor which makes a bit more power than the 5.0 (stock for stock) than cudos for that guy.....Yes it might cost the majority of the people more money to do this swap BUT if you can do it yourself for cheap than why the heck not!??

This cracks me up every time and i think it's mostly because of how quick the car will be with a STOCK motor....I know the ls1 in this video is not DUH...

To the 2jz comment....a good reason not to do that would be because a stock one would not be really any improvement over the 5.0....it would be senseless and surly a waste of time and money...BUT if you can do it for cheap and mod the crap out of it than cudos for you will have a custom car....

A lot of you are being hipacrits sp*? because you people are doing in a sense the exact same thing except it may not be a GM product....In a sense a motor is a part....or a seiries of them....If you change out your stock ford headers for say some bbk or another brand other than ford than yea....my point....may not be a gm product but it's still not a ford product..

I say that car is going to be sick......slap on a blower or just plain spray it and hello 600 hp....

:nonono:

One WAS a 306 nitrous car, and now is a 2.3T car.

The other was also a 306 nitrous car and is now a 351w 76mm car, next motor going in that car is an 03/04 cobra motor.

Since those are still Ford powerplants I'm not sure if those examples really make your point as much as you think they do :shrug:

As to the OP. Its cool, and I'm not a brand loyal guy, but I'm not for hybrids.

Dean circle track racing is a little different than drag racing.. but yeah i do have a 289 in my 85 with a c-4. A 350 would kick my ass from a dead start. but from 20 mph(starting speed) to 95 mph i own them all day long. If the fox platform is such a *****ty platform how am i able to beat the 305 and 350 camaros out there with my 289. im not lying or bull****ting. I have it on dvd if you want to see it. It probably only has about 230 hp.

I can appreciate anyone who puts alot of work into a car to make it fast....

However, i believe in building what your brand gave you to work with. I could have built a 350 that would make more power and would have been done cheaper, but i didnt because i have to say that im brand loyal. I wouldnt put anything in my car that wasnt a ford based motor.

Sure, putting an LS1 into a fox would definately be a fast car, but to all the non-brand loyal people in this thread, why not leave the LS1 in the car it was put in, and drive that instead of a fox? If youre not loyal to ford, and you all pray to the LS1 gods, why not buy a camaro or firebird and give your fox to someone who wil appreciate it for what it is :shrug:

I can appreciate anyone who puts alot of work into a car to make it fast....

However, i believe in building what your brand gave you to work with. I could have built a 350 that would make more power and would have been done cheaper, but i didnt because i have to say that im brand loyal. I wouldnt put anything in my car that wasnt a ford based motor.

Sure, putting an LS1 into a fox would definately be a fast car, but to all the non-brand loyal people in this thread, why not leave the LS1 in the car it was put in, and drive that instead of a fox? If youre not loyal to ford, and you all pray to the LS1 gods, why not buy a camaro or firebird and give your fox to someone who wil appreciate it for what it is :shrug:

Amen brotha!!

With all the money spent to put an LS1 into a mustang, someone could by one sweet F-body. There is good aftermarket support for those cars too, get one and go crazy.

I wonder how much work it is to fit this:
ls6-frontside.jpg

into this:
50403_5803.jpg

If I was a diehard Chevy fan, that's the kind of car I'd want... notice the small square like look of it, to me they are chevy's "fox body" but maybe without the chassis aftermarket support.