How Do you Make a Midget even Shorter?

Dr_EluSivE

Founding Member
Apr 24, 2002
Central Illinois
You Install Lowering Springs!! This isnt really mustang related, the mustang is currently Out of comission, but I have been working on the MG this weekend and thought i would share.
New Spring Next to Old Spring. Should Lower the car 1/2" old spring is 380# New one is 440#
DSC02677Medium.jpg

Car in the garage..
DSC02671Medium.jpg

Archaic Suspension Design (with old Spring Removed), Notice the Lever Action (armstrong) Shock.
DSC02672Medium.jpg

New spring, And new Brake Pads Installed
DSC02678Medium.jpg

Found Bad bearings on the passenger side and had to order some new ones, so i dont really know what the ride height is yet, Ill post a finished pic when i get the wheels back on.

Dr.

Attachments

• DSC02677Medium.jpg
    DSC02677Medium.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC02671Medium.jpg
    DSC02671Medium.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC02672Medium.jpg
    DSC02672Medium.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC02678Medium.jpg
    DSC02678Medium.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Sponsors (?)

Anlushac11 said:
Are those the horizontal shocks I have heard about? IIRC those dont seem to work very well and the originals tended to leak alot.
The Shock is actually the top of the suspension, In that pic its the lever that attaches right above the spindle. The actually dont work too bad.... when they work. You Do have to fill them once in a while, But you can get different valves for them that are really easy to change so thats nice. One bad thing is there is NO camber OR castor adjust anywhere.so things just have to be right.

So now you don't even have to stand up to get out of the car, right?
I just hope i dont hit the Sway Bar on Speed bumps, The Exaust Down Pipe Already Hits some of them.. :nonono:

Dr.