How do you track your order with ford?

• Sponsors (?)

Gorilla68 said:
this is related to my other thread-
How long should it take to get my '07 GT? I think I'm getting screwed.

I got my VIN. how do i track my order?
is there a site?

There might be a website, but I have been calling this number: 1-800-962-3746

It's voice automated and pretty simple. I have been using my order number since I don't have my VIN yet, but there is an option to use your VIN. When I call it I needed my dealer #, year of vehicle, order #, the car/body type (T82 for me), and I think that is all.

They mention you can track it online also, but don't give the webpage on that number as far as I can tell. Mine still isn't serialized as of the 26th, but I am hoping I hear good news soon. :(

There is an 800 number you can call and just follow the directions from the IVR. I tried using it a couple of times last year when I ordered mine and it was a pain to use.

I just waited on my dealership to call me(which they did) the day it was built. It was about 2 weeks after that that is was delivered.

Congrats on getting the VIN I know it kills you to wait but believe me, it's worth it.:D

My order was officaly accepted by ford on june 26 and i submitted my order form to galpin maybe a week before. You need to get on your dealer or take your deposite back and go to another one.

Good Luck.

If you have a VIN, the dealer can give you the build WEEK. (not the actual date)
Go to the delaership and have the saleman look it up while you wait. He has several places he can look to see the week it's been assigned. The easiest is to look at the daily status report. He can also go to fmcdealer.com (dealer only website) and look it up.

There is not a website for the consumer that allows you to track your car. The only way you can do it yourself is by the number listed above.

BTW the only way to now the exact date the car was built is to run an OASIS report AFTER the car is built.

thanks stangnut. i called the cust svc number and gave them my vin. they were able to give me a ship date. slated to exit factory on 7.31.06. I'm guessing it takes 3-4 days to get to the dealership?

works out great. i am going on a business trip until 8/4
it should be there when I get home if they are not lying to me.

7/31 is probably the build week. That customer service line is notorious for pulling stuff out of their a$$. Once the car is built it could take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to get to the dealership. There's no way to really know.
First it has to wait to be scheduled on a load leaving the factory going to the rail yard. Then wait for a load leaving the rail yard to your local "ramp". (regional distribution point) then it has to be put on a truck from there to the dealer.

I got my build date finally. Week of August 7th the phone line said. Now I have to get crackin' on selling my '93 before this one gets here. Btw order date was June 5th.

If you'll check out some of the old threads over at TMS, you can find out what all the different changes will be in the recording from the customer service automated line.
Just before your car gets built it will say something like "As of August 9th, your vehicle is scheduled to be built week of August 7th." That first date, even though it is ahead of the actual day your calling, is the date your car is going to be built... not the week, the day.
Make sense?

Stangnut said:
If you'll check out some of the old threads over at TMS, you can find out what all the different changes will be in the recording from the customer service automated line.
Just before your car gets built it will say something like "As of August 9th, your vehicle is scheduled to be built week of August 7th." That first date, even though it is ahead of the actual day your calling, is the date your car is going to be built... not the week, the day.
Make sense?

Okay i think I understand, so my car is pretty much tentatively scheduled to be built on aug. 7th if everything goes as planned?

It's actually scheduled to be started sometime that week.
My build week was 2/21/05. The build wasn't complete until 2/28/05, the Monday of the following week. The build date is the day it's finished.
Just start calling the automated number the week before your build week. Once the process starts, the recording will change every few days.

Here are some and the dates and EXACT quotes I got when I was waiting for mine. I checked the dates against other guys who were waiting and the sequence was always the same.

2/17: As of Feb 25th your unit is locked in for production. It is scheduled to be built week of Feb. 21st.
2/22: As of Feb 25th your unit is scheduled to be built week of Feb 21st
2/22: Bucked, ETA: 3/12
Build Date: 2/28, New ETA: 3/9
3/2: As of February 28th, your vehicle has been released from the foreign assembly plant
3/3: As of March 1st, your vehicle has been shipped by convoy carrier
3/10: As of March 8th, your vehicle has been shipped via rail carrier