Progress Thread How Does A 96 Mach 1 Sound?

Mar 1, 2017
Iowa
Hello everyone,
New to the site figured id introduce myself and a project I will be starting shortly. I'm AJ from Iowa, been a mechanic for 5 years along the way I worked for Ford and Volkswagen certified in both (which doesn't really amount to much lol). I drive a 96 mustang GT which has had tons of work in the past 5 years but I'm starting a new build on it now. The car has been without engine or trans for two years now and I've been in the market for a donor which is when I stumbled across a wrecked 03 Mach 1. With the Mach on its way to the heartland via shipper and I have began my work on the 96. My plan is to swap the Mach into the GT, the engine trans and interior at least.
As the car sits now I have a few things done to it. I rebuilt the rear end which included a new differential, 31 spline axles, 3.73 gears, and all the bearings/seals. While the rear end was lightened up a little I installed Koni coil overs, SR lowering springs, poly bushings, upper and lower rear control arms, and heavy duty sway bars. moving towards the front of the car I installed SLP loudmouth cat back exhaust (which will be getting sold soon), BBK catted x pipe, Ceramic long tubes and new 02s. The front suspension was not over looked though. The K-member and A-arms are installed along with font coil overs and camber caster plates. The brakes were done not to long ago with drilled and slotted and ceramics but the Mach's brake system will probably be going in when it arrives, the rack was replaced because the original one had some play, along with staggered rims and tires awhile ago. Interior wise I installed a Kenwood radio, Rockford Fosgate power series front and rear speakers, Rockford 4 channel amp, sundown audio 8" sub, and Rockford 1000 watt rms competition series amp. Some of the dash lights were burnt out so I replaced all of them with led to get that blue glow. The last thing I did which I am working on now is weld in engine bay panels to clean everything up a bit, they are welded in already but I'm waiting on my buddy to come over and help with some body work to make it look nice.
I believe I listed everything done so far if there is anything I forgot I will add it. With this being said I am looking forward to this build and I hope I can answer and questions and if I need help hopefully you guys can help me too. All of the parts I do not use from the Mach 1 and the 96 will be for sale so if there is anything that is needed feel free to PM me I will try to get a full list soon and add to the classifieds. I hope you enjoy the build thanks for all the help in advance. Ill try and get some pictures soon let me know any thoughts.

• Sponsors (?)

So last night I removed the interior and the steering column which gave me access the the brake pedal assembly and in the process I found a harness that was just cut off. From my knowledge everything in the car was working fine so im going to look at the wire diagrams and see if I can find out what this is for. I will get some pictures hopefully someone can help decide what this wire is for.

I figured while everything was out of he interior I would try to sound proof as much as possible. I also traced the connector that was cut to find that it was for a previous remote start or security system.

Attachments

• IMG_1401.JPG
    IMG_1401.JPG
    893.9 KB · Views: 160