how does coolant get in upper intake

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
I let my dad drive my car the other day and I was following him and I noticed when he came to a stop a huge cloud of white smoke would come out, while driving there was no smoke, but when he would come to a stop like I said a huge white smoke cloud would come out, way way way beyond anything that is normal. I figured damn I need a new head gasket. I pulled off my upper intake today and there was water inside the egr spacer opening. When I finally got the intake off I looked inside and I could see a puddle mileshake inside of it. Also it was very wet between the upper and lower intake, and the gasket was also wet around the rear runners.

I have the coolant hose that runs to the egr spacer bypassed. My heater core is bypassed. And my car was overheating still after I changed lower intake gaskets, water pump, fan clutch, thermostat, radiator, and all new hoses. I was still loosing coolant aswell when it was running. I am guessing this would have something to do with coolant dumping into the upper intake. I am not worried about troubleshooting it too much because the engine is coming out but just wondering how its getting there?

• Sponsors (?)