how does this look to you??

stackz

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2001
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
I think it turned out pretty darn good myself. gets kinda boring trying to do a project when you're STILL waiting on the aluminum block you need to weld with haha...

I went with the red wrinkle finish mainly because I like it. If it's good enough for ferrari, lotus, lamborghini, acura, etc then why not for a volvo-headed hybrid :p

anyway, :nice: or :notnice:

43322volvocover.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

TurboFlush said:
why didnt you go with modifiying the words on it? I saw one where they made it say SVO or something.

TF

I was going to but the machine shop wanted an ungodly amount of money to mill off the original "volvo" lettering and all so I said to hell with it, it'll make a better conversation piece to see "volvo" under a ford hood :p

oh and if you're wondering, the price was because the surface was very slightly arced and not flat so they had to mill against that arc.

Thanks for the compliments, I'm doing a write-up on the swap but its taking longer than I thought because I had a hard time tracking down a company that would sell me the aluminum pieces I needed in small enough amounts. But it's on it's way so I hope to be getting the head off to the welder either next week or the week after that.