How does this sound for a new Engine?

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
I was going to go the route of getting a new Paint job and a diffrent Rim and Tire combo but Ive decided to throw in a new engine since I have decided to go the boosted route and I want an engine that will handel 8-10LBS of boost and not have to worry about anything letting go. I cant give a direct link to the D.S.S website for this engine b/c the link wont change from there main page so I'll just copy and past it here. So how does this motor sound if I threw on a set of AFR's w/ my current setup...

PRO BULLET 306

NOW INCLUDES: D.S.S. PRO LITE UPGRADED FORGED PISTONS AND D.S.S. MAIN SUPPORT SYSTEM

Performance

The D.S.S. Pro Bullet 306/308 Short Block is capable of making well over 600 horsepower with nitrous or boost, however we recommend that you limit total horsepower to around 550. (mid to low 10’s @ 3200 lbs.) For applications over 550 horsepower see the 306/308 Super Pro Bullet featuring the D.S.S. Main Support System, 4340 Forged Steel rods, ductile iron rings, O-ringed block and ARP main studs.

Specifications

Block: 5.0 roller cam block, thermal cleaned, stress relieved, Magna Fluxed, threads chased, mains checked and corrected, oil galleys tapped for thread in plugs and the decks are CBN squared and equalized. The block is then precision bored .004” smaller than final bore size, torque plate honed in our Sunnen CV616 to proper size and RMS finish. Deep seat freeze plugs and Federal Mogul seamless cam bearings are installed.

Crank: Production crankshaft, thermal cleaned, shot-peened, Magna Fluxed, precision ground, oil scooped and chamfered and balanced to racing tolerances.

Rods: Forgings, shot-peened, Magna Fluxed, CNC Diamond resized and fitted with ARP Wave Loc rod bolts. Balanced to racing tolerances.

Pistons: NEW! DSS PRO-LITE Forged 2 valve relief flat top, CNC fly-cut for most aftermarket race cams and heads. Balanced to racing tolerances.

Rings: Sealed Power/ Speed-Pro Moly rings.

Bearings: Tri-metal rod and main bearings.

Assembly: All Pro Bullet short blocks are hand assembled by a professional engine builder. Clearances are checked with precision dial bore gages and micrometers (much more accurate than plasti-gage). The D.S.S. Main Support System including custom ARP main studs is key to high horsepower longevity. .

Value

If you are trying to make horsepower and maintain reliability you have to start with a strong foundation. The Pro Bullet Short Block features the D.S.S. Main Support System, super strong Pro Series pistons with Sealed Power/ Speed Pro moly rings, ARP Wave Loc rod bolts and fully race prepped block, crank and rods. While there is no doubt the Pro Bullet Short Block is strong, most people overlook it as a source of extra power. Pro Bullet Short Blocks produce substantially more power than a worn out stock short block or even a fresh factory crate motor. This extra horsepower is obtained from increased ring seal and the and the balancing and blueprinting tactics employed on all D.S.S. short blocks. The forged CNC fly-cut pistons also afford more power by allowing the use of large valve aftermarket heads and aggressive cam profiles. Bullet Short Blocks allow you to take advantage of the bolt on performance parts you now have and open up your possibilities for the future.

Pro Bullet 306/308 Short Blocks

(For use with Edelbrock, GT 40, Dart, Canfield, Factory Production, TFS High Port, FMS J302, Brodix Track 1 and other inline valve relief heads)

306SB2000 Late Pro Bullet 306/308 Flat Top $1999.95

• Sponsors (?)

Once I do drop in a motor like that I wont have to worry about any motor problems but my weakest link will be my tranny and rear end. Then on the other hand I have freind thats puttind down 500+ RWHP on his stock block and tranny. Just as long as I stay away from the power shifting then I think the T5 will hold up until I get another tranny. It will spin like a MOFO but I wont be doing the suspension for awhile, as far as traction I'll throw on a set of Nitto DR's and hope for the best.

I know the short blocks come w/ all the internals but someone correct me if Im wrong but I'll need Heads, Cam, Timming Chain, Intake and Oil pan correct?? I'll prob get a TFS Stage 1 or 2 cam b/c there good cams and there fairly cheap, I'll be reusing my cobra intake, timming chain is no big deal. So the only thing I really need is a set of Heads and an oil pan :shrug: