How does V.8 compare to V.6?

tomabram, I am not bashing the old car by any means. But the reality is that stock for stock the new GT WILL destroy a stock 68 4v. Like it or not the new GT is at least a FULL second qucker in the 1/4 mile, and that is HUGE

Did you buy the v6 tomabram? :D

And also its the torque curve that is most important not peak torque.
The new cars torque curve looks almost as good as an LS1 :D (had to do it sorry!) :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

2MFF-Z28 said:
tomabram, I am not bashing the old car by any means. But the reality is that stock for stock the new GT WILL destroy a stock 68 4v. Like it or not the new GT is at least a FULL second qucker in the 1/4 mile, and that is HUGE

Did you buy the v6 tomabram? :D

And also its the torque curve that is most important not peak torque.
The new cars torque curve looks almost as good as an LS1 :D (had to do it sorry!) :banana:

When you said old GT you mean up to 04, correct? Lucky the 05 can break below 14 flat.

And dont even go there with the LS1. Ever hear the saying "theres no replacement for displacement"? Well its true, damn true. All (auto) LS1's run in the 13's. LS1 Vette's are in the 12's, stock. I happen to have an 02 vette so when I test drove an 05 GT the car felt super slow. Not that the car is really that slow but thats what it felt like to me.

So please, dont compare chop meat to filet mignon.

tomabram said:
When you said old GT you mean up to 04, correct? Lucky the 05 can break below 14 flat.

He was referring to the "old GT" referenced by brian in the first post of this thread Because, after all, that IS what started the discussion

tomabram said:
And dont even go there with the LS1. Ever hear the saying "theres no replacement for displacement"? Well its true, damn true. All (auto) LS1's run in the 13's. LS1 Vette's are in the 12's, stock. I happen to have an 02 vette so when I test drove an 05 GT the car felt super slow. Not that the car is really that slow but thats what it felt like to me.

Toma,
He doesn't have a clue about LS1s. Why don't you give him an education on them ;)

gp001 said:
He was referring to the "old GT" referenced by brian in the first post of this thread Because, after all, that IS what started the discussion

Toma,
He doesn't have a clue about LS1s. Why don't you give him an education on them ;)

Oh sorry. I didnt realize he was talking about the 1968 stang.

Dont want to get into the LS1 talk. Anyone that has raced one knows to keep quiet.

Forget ls1's. All I said was that the new car will outperform the old one. Stock against stock.
If you have a new corvette you should realize that all new cars perform well. It doesnt only apply to Fords.

By the way I'd like to see some time slips of your stock ls1 corvette running 12's
bet ya dont have any right........didnt think so

Your corvette is a bit faster, It will put down just over 300rwhp compared to 260-270 for the stang and your a few lbs lighter.
And who cares about corvettes anyway, we are talking about a new mustang gt vs v6 vs a 68 GT 4v car.

The reference to ls1 in my post was a joke, yes the good lord himself has blessed me enough to own an actual ls1.

2MFF-Z28 said:
Forget ls1's. All I said was that the new car will outperform the old one. Stock against stock.
If you have a new corvette you should realize that all new cars perform well. It doesnt only apply to Fords.

By the way I'd like to see some time slips of your stock ls1 corvette running 12's
bet ya dont have any right........didnt think so

Your corvette is a bit faster, It will put down just over 300rwhp compared to 260-270 for the stang and your a few lbs lighter.
And who cares about corvettes anyway, we are talking about a new mustang gt vs v6 vs a 68 GT 4v car.

The reference to ls1 in my post was a joke, yes the good lord himself has blessed me enough to own an actual ls1.

First off LS1 vettes are about 315rwhp. New GT's are about 255rwhp.
So DO NOT say its a bit faster, it will piss all over a new mustang, easily. And dont forget the 60ft-lbs of torque advantage for the LS1. And 300lbs lighter is more than "a few pounds". I guess teh GT only has " a few HP less". Yeah, ok. And I guess the over 1 second difference in quarter miles times are also "just a few moments".
And I have seen stock LS1 Vette's run 12'9's. The damn autos run 13'2's.
I will try and find the link for you for the fasest cars test. Obviously you never drove an LS1. Until then, keep your pie hole shut.

LS1s are faster than most cars. End of discussion. I don't really care abot LS1s since I don't have the money to buy a corvette and I don't like camaros that much, so I will go enjoy my pathetic Mustang instead.

Szlachcic said:
LS1s are faster than most cars. End of discussion. I don't really care abot LS1s since I don't have the money to buy a corvette and I don't like camaros that much, so I will go enjoy my pathetic Mustang instead.

Than buy a TA instead. :D

Tomabram, enough with the ls1's and vettes. Trust me I understand all about them. Stop with the tooting of your horn about the vette. Its no big deal, Your 2002 has depreciated to the point where a new GT is probobly worth more money. I have a vette too and me and the wife have had several, including a super chevy show winner. I also have an ls1 f body, but who care's we are on a stang board talking about the beautiful new stang that will outsell your plastic car 10 to 1, at least

I dont own a mustang dude, you dont need to sell me on gm products.
The whole ls1 thing is a joke, ya know humor. I was poking at my buddy who is on this board and has a HELL of a nice 05 (even though its slower than YOUR c5. does that make you feel better?). We are CAR fans and think its funny how everybody gets insane about their cars.........kinda like you. Nobody said anything negative about ls1's or vettes and if they did, big deal its a mustang board, wouldnt be the first time. Do you know how much hell I get because of my screen name on this board, even if I'm positive somebody bashes me. I dont really give a ratz azz because I probobly know more about their car than them.....

I happen to like the new stang and think it performs very well. Im sure it wont beat YOUR car but it IS a nice car. I still want to see YOUR timeslips of a 12.9 stock. I've seen some 05 GT's runnin mid 13's lets see your timeslip of a mid 13 which is where 99% of ls1 c5's will run with your normal lame driver

Trust me nobody cares about your vette.

I still think the new beautiful 05 gt stang is faster than Brians 68 302 GT 4v (no offence Brian) and I also think the v6 is a turd especially rental cars

I also think its funny how your link is to a bunch of magiazine 1/4 mile times.
NOW THAT IS FUNNY Those are realistic. Are you one of those "internet racer's'? ever been to a track? ever been in a street race?

magazine times.............too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!

tomabram said:
Than buy a TA instead. :D

I would if all I cared about was speed. The new mustangs are just better all around. Plus, I don't really like the way TAs look, too much crap going on at once, the mustang looks much cleaner. I was mainly just trying to get you to stop praising the "god send" that is the LS1 since this is a mustang forum and we don't really care if you have so and so a car and it is faster.

Source: June 2005 Car and Driver

2004 Audi A4 1.8T
0 to 60 in 8.1 seconds
1/4 mile in 16.2 seconds

2005 Mustang V6
0 to 60 in 6.9 seconds
1/4 mile in 15.3 seconds

You must have one hell of an unusually fast 1.8T A6.

2MFF-Z28 said:
Tomabram, enough with the ls1's and vettes. Trust me I understand all about them. Stop with the tooting of your horn about the vette. Its no big deal, Your 2002 has depreciated to the point where a new GT is probobly worth more money. I have a vette too and me and the wife have had several, including a super chevy show winner. I also have an ls1 f body, but who care's we are on a stang board talking about the beautiful new stang that will outsell your plastic car 10 to 1, at least

I dont own a mustang dude, you dont need to sell me on gm products.
The whole ls1 thing is a joke, ya know humor. I was poking at my buddy who is on this board and has a HELL of a nice 05 (even though its slower than YOUR c5. does that make you feel better?). We are CAR fans and think its funny how everybody gets insane about their cars.........kinda like you. Nobody said anything negative about ls1's or vettes and if they did, big deal its a mustang board, wouldnt be the first time. Do you know how much hell I get because of my screen name on this board, even if I'm positive somebody bashes me. I dont really give a ratz azz because I probobly know more about their car than them.....

I happen to like the new stang and think it performs very well. Im sure it wont beat YOUR car but it IS a nice car. I still want to see YOUR timeslips of a 12.9 stock. I've seen some 05 GT's runnin mid 13's lets see your timeslip of a mid 13 which is where 99% of ls1 c5's will run with your normal lame driver

Trust me nobody cares about your vette.

I still think the new beautiful 05 gt stang is faster than Brians 68 302 GT 4v (no offence Brian) and I also think the v6 is a turd especially rental cars

I also think its funny how your link is to a bunch of magiazine 1/4 mile times.
NOW THAT IS FUNNY Those are realistic. Are you one of those "internet racer's'? ever been to a track? ever been in a street race?

magazine times.............too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off my "depreciated" Vette is worth 36K. Alittle bit more than your "new gt". Whats a 02 GT worth 15K, maybe? Your comments show you dont know anything about Vettes. They go down very little in value every year and then they eventually skyrocket to untouchable prices. And the car is not made of plastic genius. Its fiber that dosent rust like EVERY older car on the road.
Funny thing all the Vettes are sold out in the dealers near me and Ford is loaded with GT's.
As for 1/4 miles times, I showed you proof but dont believe it, see if I care. Come to the track and see for yourself, if you know how to get there.
And nope, never been in a race. HAHAHA...this is the reason for the LS1, to shut azzwipes like you up. Its nice seeing you dissapear in the rearview.
If the Vette will run mid 13's with a lame driver then whats the GT run with a lame driver, high 14's. YES. Just because you can only afford a GT dont be pissed at everyone that has one.

Im done with you. Either put up, or shut up. You bring what you bring.

Can you read?

Your making yourself look like a fool. And no your 02 vette isnt worth 36k unless its a z06 and that doesnt have an ls1, it has an ls6. Vettes sell out because they dont even make 40k of them a year. The value of a few vettes has skyrocketed, not everyone, and trust me, yours will continue to lose value until its worth 5k like a nice 84

Why exactly are you here again? What is your point?
We really dont care about your corvette.

Your car is made out of fiber? thats funny mine is a composite material with a bolsa wood floor.

We have ruined Brians perfectly good thread with this insanity.

Your car is BAAAAD dude. Do puppies follow you? Do you impress all the highschool chicks working the mcdonalds drive thru?

GOT THAT TIMESLIP YET???????????????????

MAGAZINE TIMES............HE GIVES ME MAGAZINE TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!! :owned: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

T, I'm dyin here! I can't stop laughin. You know those Vette guys (wonder if he eats steak)

2MFF_Z28 - what do you know about vettes??? :rlaugh:

What was that club you were in??? I can barely remeber the name...So.....Cal.....uh....um......VETTES! That's it!

2MFF-Z28 said:
Can you read?

Your making yourself look like a fool. And no your 02 vette isnt worth 36k unless its a z06 and that doesnt have an ls1, it has an ls6. Vettes sell out because they dont even make 40k of them a year. The value of a few vettes has skyrocketed, not everyone, and trust me, yours will continue to lose value until its worth 5k like a nice 84

Why exactly are you here again? What is your point?
We really dont care about your corvette.

Your car is made out of fiber? thats funny mine is a composite material with a bolsa wood floor.

We have ruined Brians perfectly good thread with this insanity.

Your car is BAAAAD dude. Do puppies follow you? Do you impress all the highschool chicks working the mcdonalds drive thru?

GOT THAT TIMESLIP YET???????????????????

MAGAZINE TIMES............HE GIVES ME MAGAZINE TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!! :owned: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Yes they are all fiberglass. Fiberglass bodies all around. No composite material, now I know for a fact you dont know carp about a vette. Wood floor? I think not.
Sorry but you are wrong again. And sorry the EXACT retail is $35,755. Sorry, shoot me. The car will NEVER be worth 5K. ANd you cant ever find a execellent vette for 10K none the less 5K, no matter what the year. And yes 70's vette's are worth 20-30K, 60's 30-75K and 50's up and over 100K.
So grow up. Ask your mommy where the track is.
Stay off the drugs.

Anytime you want, bring it. If not, shut up. :rlaugh :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :

gp001 said:
T, I'm dyin here! I can't stop laughin. You know those Vette guys (wonder if he eats steak)

2MFF_Z28 - what do you know about vettes??? :rlaugh:

What was that club you were in??? I can barely remeber the name...So.....Cal.....uh....um......VETTES! That's it!

Yeah, me too. I hope your enjoying. He should of given up when he wasnt so far behind.
But now I am leaving his rotting corpse for the vultures.

tomabram said:

1st of all ALL auto ls1's arent running 13's, at least not around here without suspension upgrades, and next to perfect traction...

2nd, dont try to call an 24 oz chop steak a filet mignon and there wont be any problems, bigger cubes does not equal a better/ nicer/ better built/ (anything but crappy) car
ya, maybe he was way out of line trying to say the torque of the new stangs runs up there w/ the LS1's, thats just not reasonable, but, besides the fact that f-body's, LT1s, and LS1's have been pretty shotty at best in my personal experience, you cant even begin to call the new stangs chop meat. The fit and finish on these cars has been compared to european cars costing twice as much, i am very proud of this fact and think this makes a nicer car than a 350... not quicker, but more "filet mignon" material

as for the v6 v8 comparison, i wish i could tell ya, but i do know i walked over an 05 auto v6 coupe with my dog slow 94 vert 5.0 auto... and i mean dog slow, and i know of an 04 mach one that has killed me, and he can barely keep up with a new 05 GT around here so in order of quickness only from experience, not any official numbers or anything, 05 auto v-6, 94 auto 5.0, 02 5 spd coupe, 04 mach 1, and new GT, plus a chip and exhaust got 40 more rear wheel horse out of the new GT's in 5.0 mag, so yeah, they're quick...

droptopford 5 0 said:
1st of all ALL auto ls1's arent running 13's, at least not around here without suspension upgrades, and next to perfect traction...

2nd, dont try to call an 24 oz chop steak a filet mignon and there wont be any problems, bigger cubes does not equal a better/ nicer/ better built/ (anything but crappy) car
ya, maybe he was way out of line trying to say the torque of the new stangs runs up there w/ the LS1's, thats just not reasonable, but, besides the fact that f-body's, LT1s, and LS1's have been pretty shotty at best in my personal experience, you cant even begin to call the new stangs chop meat. The fit and finish on these cars has been compared to european cars costing twice as much, i am very proud of this fact and think this makes a nicer car than a 350... not quicker, but more "filet mignon" material

Another genius heard from. Well the Vettes outperform many 150K+ Ferraris, so please dont go there.
Sorry about the chop steak, I was being nice. I ment chuck steak.
And you are correct, a smaller motor is better. What the heck are you talking about? I never said it was better (but it really is). So I guess you got the V6 then correct? Because bigger cubes mean crappy cars. You get what you pay for. :D :D :D

Sober up.