How far would any of you guys drive for a Stangnetters 94-95 meet??

Seth5.0 said:
RC stop playin dude

Paul i'm with you , I can come to any of that 3 tracks any time
And FFW isn't good idea , too many people over there , we need somethink just for us

Easy for U to say..Youre IN Penn.

Killer said:
Beaver is $300 for 10 cars and $30 for every car after that

OR uh, $30 per car for the first 10 also...FUNNY how the math changes after the initial 10 cars. :rlaugh: (where's the discount?)
RC

• Sponsors (?)

Killercanary said:
Hmmm... I say MD or PA just because there are a lot of guys from NY, NJ, DEL, OH, PA, VA, and MD here. Perky used to have a stangnet meet every year at Mason Dixon dragway, I'm not sure if he still does or not. If there was enough interest I would rent our local track (near Pittsburgh) for it.

I agree. I see a lot of meets going on around this area, but mostly with the 4.6 guys. I dont see many 94-95 guys. I'm about 45 west of philly right now, but in a few months I'll be in Altoona. I'd still make the drive to MD though.

95tealGT said:
I agree. I see a lot of meets going on around this area, but mostly with the 4.6 guys. I dont see many 94-95 guys. I'm about 45 west of philly right now, but in a few months I'll be in Altoona. I'd still make the drive to MD though.

Like I said, I'd be more than happy to set it up.

:OT:
WHy are you coming to Altoona? Hagerstown is only about 1.5 hours from here at most.

I think it would be cool just to have an AMERICAN car day. I love a Mustang just as much as the next guy, but who wants to stare at a 94-95 GT all day? It's the same car, with the same 5 different sets of wheels, with the same 3 intake manifolds, same 5 different kinds of camshafts, same type of heads...you get the picture. It'd be cool to get some Camaros down there, Chevelles, Novas. If it turned out right, we could actually do a Ford versus Chevy or Mustang versus everything else. This would also open up more of an interest for the show guys. JMO.... :spot:

Joe

95tealGT said:
School. I'm goin to the PSU Altoona campus.

:OT:

My wife is a professor there!!! Drop me an email at [email protected] sometime. Its a nice campus, there's not a whole lot to do, but its nice none-the-less. Make sure to bring your car as there are cruise-ins every sunday and the track is open until oct-nov.

Joe- you have a great idea. Like I said, I don't think there is anyway to get enough 94-95 guys in one place to warrent it. I REALLY like the idea of a GM versus ford day, or more importantly an F-body versus mustang day and open it all years. I talked to our local track owner last year about this, and he said if there was enough interest he'd concider it. I just got too busy to persue it any farther.

Hell I'd go anywhere on the east coast to include Florida :nice: as long as it's this summer. I'll turn into a Californian after that :rolleyes: and my Stang ain't making but one cross country trip and it'll be to get out there in August. I'll miss you Florida :( but duty is duty. Semper Fidelis! :flag:

Everyone post the tracks they want to have the meet at so we can form a poll and then we can vote on it.

So far for the florida tracks we have:

Moroso, West Palm Beach(?), FL
Orlando Speed World, Orlando, FL
Gainsville Raceway, Gainsville, FL

Heres the tracks killer listed:

Pittsburgh Raceway Park, New Alexandria, PA
Beaver Springs Dragway, Lewistown, PA
Mason Dixon Dragway, Hagerstown, MD

Someone fill in any tracks that I'm missing.

i liked the MM&FF track idea. either that or any one of Paul's tracks. and i'm assuming that its now morphed into a drag day, not a meet and greet type thing? either way i'm for it, but i know that not everyone wants to race just race. there is always Ford Carlisle. i just registered for that. I know alot of you guys in the area are going, only 35 bucks to show your car. put it in, we'll meet inside.

mto351 said:
Let me know if you're interested and I'll mark it on my igloo wall.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: too funny...

I think it's funny that there are 4 pages to this thread so far, but there has been no progress made. :lol: :lol:

Let's all meet at US 131 Motorsports park in Martin, MI only because its right near me. That's a good enough reason right?

Ok, its settled then. July 23rd at US 131 Motorsports park in Martin, MI.
See, wasn't that easy to plan? Someone just had to organize it. :lol:

ProKiller said:
i liked the MM&FF track idea. either that or any one of Paul's tracks. and i'm assuming that its now morphed into a drag day, not a meet and greet type thing? either way i'm for it, but i know that not everyone wants to race just race. there is always Ford Carlisle. i just registered for that. I know alot of you guys in the area are going, only 35 bucks to show your car. put it in, we'll meet inside.

I'll see you at Carlisle as I will be there on saturday, and then driving up to the Grove on sunday for the NMRA event and show. I plan to get to Carlisle early on saturday, clean the car up and hit the vendors around 10am, if you wait until after that all the good stuff is normally gone!

As for it being a race only event, it certainly doesn't have to be. Mason Dixon has a very nice all ford event on august 21st where there is racing if you want to do that, as well as a judged car show. We could either organize it to be something like that, or something else. I've been to more than a few track rental days and its fun to race and BS, but if people want more than that we could do something. See the thing is, unless you get a lot of people to attend, its going to be hard to do much more than a track rental. If it was "big enough" I could contact some local ford dealers and such to see if they'd help us host a "94-95 mustang cruise" in or something of the like.

I say we throw a little trist to this 94-95 meet.

1. we pick a track anywhere near Ft. Lauderdale FL.
2. Before the event we stop by John Worley's house.
3. We make a video of it and show everyone on the stangnet classifieds that ripping people off is not tolerated here.
4. We get one badass road trip out of it. And some memories.

Just a sugestion. If its down south, Im going to plan a weeks vacation so I have a reason to be down there.

Reviving the thread. Looks like it was gonna die.