How farback can my timing go for nos???

FEESER 94 COBRA

Mar 5, 2004
I am running the nos dry system. I seem to have some detanation in forth gear . My timing is at 10 degrees advance my fuel is 53 psi. I also run 110 octaion fuel. could i be running out 0f fuel or should i try going back farther with the timing? any help would be great

• Sponsors (?)

for every 50hp jetting you should pull 1.5 to 2 degrees of timing out. Sounds like you are getting some spark blow out, on a 100 shot and 30#er's I ran autolite 24's gapped to .040". Even with the MSD I would get spark blow out. in the top of the gears. Try gapping them down a little and see if that helps.

slvrbullit302 said:
for every 50hp jetting you should pull 1.5 to 2 degrees of timing out. Sounds like you are getting some spark blow out, on a 100 shot and 30#er's I ran autolite 24's gapped to .040". Even with the MSD I would get spark blow out. in the top of the gears. Try gapping them down a little and see if that helps.
what should my fuel press. be set at?

Like 94SC50 said but it is best to see what the a/f is on a dyno or with a wide band. As soon as you hit the button the blue regulator increases the pressure on the FPR bypassing the return and uping the pressure like 40#'s or so. So instead of seeing 40# N/A you will hit pressure in the 80 to 90 psi range.