how flippin dumb am i?

fast97gt

Jan 2, 2007
north carolina
well i thought you know it would be so nice to have a truck after almost 5yrs of owning my stang. so i runs it by the wife and shes a typical one btw, she says well sell the car or save you money. well im not good at saving money, so i thought id put word out on CL and see what i would find. a couple weeks, nothing then last wednesday this guy calls me up and we start talkin. hes got a 98 silverado z71 with 150k miles and all the works. we meet the following friday now having the to drive an hour or so didnt bother me. heres this truck man is it nice, its not lifted hasnt been off roaded in the year and a half this guys owned it and used the 4x4 once to pull a couple people out in the snow. well i trade, im like a damn kid in a candy store. well he calls friday night with a hundred ?s whats this whys that, saturday he starts the i dont know if i made the right move or not crap, so tells em whatever ill meet you to get my car back. he starts in well you if you come up with some boot well work something out. so $250 later its still a go for monday to sign everything over. monday at lunch he calls me and says the windsheild is broke and wants me fix it since its my proffesion, but says the chip was there when we traded, i called BS on that and told him he was crazy. so now all i gotta pay is $150 because the glass is gonna cost $100. 2hrs before meeting him he calls again by this time im pissed at him. he asks me "are you sure the gears are 4.10s" fellas i wanted to blow up on this guy, but i tells him yea man i bought em and installed em. 30mins before time to leave to meet him he says he wants to trade back cause his mommy is all upset that he traded hims truck, then i blew up. now he owes me $100 and my car back. were meeting this friday to swap back. this dude will be lucky as long as my baby is no more harmed then what it is. oh i plan on driving it for a bit before giving him his keys back to hims presious mommys truck. but now i will tell ya i feel like the first time when i was goin to pick up the stang, kinda giggly like a lil girl. i mean we did bill of sales, as is no warranty stuff and everything. but im just happy to be getting my stang back:D

• Sponsors (?)

View attachment 214865

I still don't understand the issue. If you already made the trade official, why are you giving him money to fix the Mustang? If anything, I'd tell the jack hole that if he wants to trade back, the Mustang must be in the same condition as when the keys exchanged your hands.

Just to let you know he most likely beat the hell out of the stang. If you did the bill of sales it’s a done deal and not your issue. If he has problems with it he needs to take it to a mechanic. I hope everything goes ok with the trade back but if I was you I would not…take the stang back.

I concur, you can't be held responsible for what this kid has done. Unless of course you do trade back, in which case you are taking full responsibility for his irresponsibility. If you guys signed over titles or have a legal bill of sale there is no way you should trade back, even if the car "appears" no worse for wear.
If you want a mustang instead of a truck - go trade that new truck with someone who has a mustang that you like. Who knows, you may come out ahead eventually.

no no im not payin nothin my bad i mislead ya, he has to fork out a $100 bill to pay for the glass. the bill of sale is ledgit but its not noterized. we havent switched titles, i had payed the car off and am waiting mine witch will be here friday, if signed over titles i wouldve told him to get f*****. i know if its not rite when i drive it, ill bring a jack to check for under cariage damge etc. i want a stang, but just wanted a truck too. i guess thats what i get for being impatient...

A Ford for a chevy? WOW I don't care if that chevy just rolled off the assembly line and you traded a rusted out LTD with a junk motor for it. YOU NEVER TRADE A FORD FOR A CHEVY. chevy sucks Always have always will end of story. Get your stang back and pray to your god whoever it may be that this kid didn't tear it up.

O and BTW stop using words like hims and yous. Also space your writing into paragraphs. OMG headache is right.

Sorry maybe I shouldn't have jumped down your throat but reading that really pissed me off and I needed to say something about it.

A Ford for a chevy? WOW I don't care if that chevy just rolled off the assembly line and you traded a rusted out LTD with a junk motor for it. YOU NEVER TRADE A FORD FOR A CHEVY. chevy sucks Always have always will end of story. Get your stang back and pray to your god whoever it may be that this kid didn't tear it up.

Whatever fan boy, there are plenty of Chevrolet's that are worlds better in every way than many Fords, just like there are plenty of Fords that are worlds better than many Chevrolets.

O and BTW stop using words like hims and yous. Also space your writing into paragraphs. OMG headache is right.

+1

Whatever fan boy, there are plenty of Chevrolet's that are worlds better in every way than many Fords, just like there are plenty of Fords that are worlds better than many Chevrolets.

I knew saying what I did would start something. Of course that's my opinion. Only GM's worth talking about are in the 60's and 70's. Anything now days NO THANKS IMO of course.

I knew saying what I did would start something. Of course that's my opinion. Only GM's worth talking about are in the 60's and 70's. Anything now days NO THANKS IMO of course.

So you're telling me you wouldn't trade any Ford in the line up (including your 1980 carb'd stang) for a new ZR1 Corvette? Are you insane!!!

Sure then I would trade it off right away for a bada$$ fox body already finished or a 67 stang. O almost forgot or one of the new 2011 5.0's. Well anyways back to topic. I don't like this internet bickering it's pointless.