How hard do you drive your GT?

• Sponsors (?)

FalconGuy016 said:
Oh, and Burning Rubber, drop it to 3rd if you're at 60 :D The top end of 2nd gear is like 63 or something. Fourth gear at those speeds is like a calm passing gear for me.

at 60 ive found droppin it in 2nd is best, you get more rpms built up for 3rd gear, dropin it in 3rd at 60 doesnt bring up the tach enough

Day-to-day, I tend to shift pretty low (to increase fuel economy as much as possible).

But I've definitely noticed that she seems to run better after she's warmed up and had a few high-rpm runs (and my exhaust note sounds better as well). After a day on a road course (with all the sustained high rpms) especially she feels loose, quicker and more responsive. :nice:

I normally take it pretty easy on mine, every once in a while on the entrance ramp I'll have to juice it to merge or if it's late at night and the roads are clear I will open it up a little to get my need for speed craving out of the way.

Well I found an old road today, and let her rip from a stop.

I dumped the clutch around 3k and feathered the gas till it caught traction (which took a second) and hammered down. Shifted right around or a little higher than 5500 in first, about 5-5300 in 2nd, and I got a little too excited and accidently grinded third...:bang: I think a short throw shifter is a must.

But damn, it pulls hard... thats for sure. 60 came around really fast.

I wanna take it to the traaaackkk!!!!

Well you can see that the majority drive the piss out of these 4.6s and they tend to stand up to it fairly well. I am always sticking 2nd and love that. Around every corner I get the rear to slide just a bit and with my 4:10s am always right around 5k. Now I cant wait till the supercharger is installed and then i can really have some fun. But ill just have to be a little lighter on the throttle...gotta respect the rear wheel drive. But I love these 4.6s and I think they are a very reliable car.

speedfreak98r said:
Why does everyone say the Limiter is @5500? Mine clearly cuts off at 6k..Also, the top of my 2nd gear is 80mph @6k. I do have the stock gears though..Guess i should have read y'alls mods.. :shrug:
The rev limiter is in the area past 6k.. we're saying to shift around 5500-5700. In our cars the power starts dropping anywhere past that anyways.

I get on it as much as possible. Dropping it into 4th and rocketing from 65-125mph on the highway is loads of fun, and circling around round-a-bouts and punching it out out lol. However, I don't launch the car ever really, maybe once on the street since I've gotten the blower - don't want my stock clutch going kaput any time soon! :nice:

how hard do i drive my car? lets see
46k miles on my stang

-almost done w/ my second clutch (SPEC stg II)
-about to buy my 4th set of tires (all tires have had a 400+ treadwear rating)
-been needing a tranny rebuild for 10k miles (syncros are shot to hell)
-limited slip is gone (one wheel burnouts)
-already changed my tranny fluid 3 times

i'd say i drive pretty hard :eek: :nonono: :rlaugh:

i think i did two 10 second burnouts so far and my tires are about 3 months new. i do use the gas pedal alot. probably why i'm going on my second motor. my first had almost 105,000. i really didn't buy my car to sit in the garage and collect value i bought it to run it, it's not fast nor the greatest car but i run it like stole it.

oh yeah.. I also did many many many burnouts until I got a small heat crack in one of the back rotors.. which made me by the line lock.. which makes burning out much easier!

i dont do burnouts but i get on my car a lot. Everytime the car goes out the shiftlight comes on at least one or two times. Just a hint my shiftlight comes on at 6200(stock bottom end). I hold burnouts at around 6500rpms and i powershift the car a lot. I launch the car at the track and hell even on the street what you guys shift at...6k plus
btw my org flywheel in the car....77,000 miles
dscf04400gy.jpg

dscf04414ru.jpg

clutch
dscf04390eu.jpg

I do have a broken tooth in the tranny but other then that i havnet broken anything and the kind of driving i do and amount of track passes 77k on a stock clutch is good. Oh yea car has 80,000 miles on it almost and has been reved to 7k
If you shift good and fast should burnout the clutch or mess up the tranny(launches however can do that)

Attachments

• dscf04400gy.jpg
    dscf04400gy.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 47
  • dscf04414ru.jpg
    dscf04414ru.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 50
  • dscf04390eu.jpg
    dscf04390eu.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 46