How is GT clutch position for a 5'7" driver?

IWantMyNewGT

Feb 9, 2004
I am planning on ordering my new GT soon, and still am undecided about the tranny. I've sat in an '05 GT manual in a dealer showroom, but they wouldn't let it out for a test drive.

When I set the driver seat a comfortable distance from the steering wheel for me (I'm 5'7") depressing the clutch fully seems like a "reach", but hard to tell without being able to fire it up and seeing how far the pedal needs to be extended to shift (I'm told the clutch is hydraulic).

Any opinions from GT stick drivers around 5'7" would be appreciated!

• Sponsors (?)

IWantMyNewGT said:
I am planning on ordering my new GT soon, and still am undecided about the tranny. I've sat in an '05 GT manual in a dealer showroom, but they wouldn't let it out for a test drive.

When I set the driver seat a comfortable distance from the steering wheel for me (I'm 5'7") depressing the clutch fully seems like a "reach", but hard to tell without being able to fire it up and seeing how far the pedal needs to be extended to shift (I'm told the clutch is hydraulic).

Any opinions from GT stick drivers around 5'7" would be appreciated!

5' 7" HERE, too...I have no problem with the clutch on my 05 GT 5spd manual. You can't tell in the showroom what is a comfortable driving position with these cars...the seat and wheel adjust in enough ways to find your spot. The clutch grabs around 1-2 inches off the floor. I have shifted without putting the clutch pedal to the carpet with no problem. Seriously, this is a non-issue and I can't even come with anything else to say about the clutch and driving position. It never crossed my mind until I saw your post.

I'm 5-7 and have had my mustang for about 2 weeks now and i love it. I have a manual and I reach just fine. At first I felt like I was too close to the stearing wheel but you get used to it. The Clutch throw is very short in the mustang so you will not have a problem. Good luck

i am 5 8 and test drove one this week and it seemed fine, now i need to see if i should buy a new 2005 gt or buy another 1969 mach like a just sold, I got to admitt as soon as i heard the sales man drive it up i was almost sold on it by sound alone