How Is The Irs?

Stangman1975

Feb 5, 2017
i am trying to decide what mustang to purchase in a few months. I used to own a 2003 Cobra with the IRS. I didn't go to the track very much but when I did I couldn't stand the IRS for drag racing. I put just about every mod possible on the 03 to stop the wheel hop on take off with no success. I really like the newer mustangs but I do plan on taking it to the track every now and then. Don't get me wrong I know the DD is probably much nicer with the IRS, but has ford made any improvements on the 15+ mustangs? It's not a deal breaker for me but I am curious how the new design works out. Thanks I advanced for any info.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a supercharged 15 Performance Pack with DSS axles and aluminum Driveshaft, and 315 35 20s on the rear nt05r . I don't have any wheel hop not sure how I got so lucky lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Be glad that you don't get it! Wheel hop is a miserable part of racing. It used to sound like my rear end was going to explode on launch and it would make me not drive it so hard. I couldn't stand it. Thanks for the replies!