How is the leather interior holding up?

Dan, as I had said the seating materials are low budget trash, no matter how you slice it. Now I understand perfectly that in order to get a 300 HP motor into th car they had to resort to things such as ripping us off on the "SKANKER" stereo, the LOW BUDGET seats, the cheap poorly cut carpeting, the Ford Ranger rear view mirrors etc. But that does not change these facts. The facts are that alot of the interior of the 05 Mustang is just plain garbage BUT thats the trade off for the HP. I myself would have bought a GT Convertible for 40K if they had a German Quality Interior such as an Audi. Audis win awards year after year for the quality and workmanship of their interiors BUT YOU PAY FOR QUALITY! I at least admit the shortcomings of the car as opposed to people who love their car so much that they are blind to the facts of the TRASH STEREO they paid for and the LOW BUDGET "leather" interior that Ford offers. I knew what I was getting with everything EXCEPT for finding out how bad that stereo sucks and also the drivers seat spoke for itself after driving the car to Florida. Everything else I already knew about the quality.

• Sponsors (?)

I've had both cloth and leather. Not sure where some people get their ideas, but in SoCal, if you jump into your car on a hot summers day with shorts on, you'll get fried on leather, but not cloth. I got cloth for these reasons. It doesn't get as hot, nor as cold, as leather. To answer the original question.

darth-bob said:
Ordered a GT without leather. Probably the only one in the country. Ford told me that they make the GT without leather only on special orders. Leather is too hot in the south Texas heat.

I hear you brother. I keep my car in a garage at work & home. I don't like frying my eggs in in the summer.