How it's Made-Turbochargers (On Tonight)

4Jenna

Founding Member
Sep 12, 2001
AZ
If your interested in watching it, the show “How it’s Made” on Discovery/Science channel is having a show tonight on how turbochargers are built in the Turbonetics turbo plant.

• Turbonetics Turbochargers
Don't forget to watch today's"How it's Made" episode at 9pm Eastern Time. Set your watches (yes, watches are part of today's episode), heat up some enchiladas (they are also in this episode, if you ever wondered how they are made) and watch some top notch turbochargers being built.

-Chris

• Sponsors (?)

Cool. I might have to set my VCR to record that. Unfortunately I'm taking advantage of this evening's cooler weather to do yard work. I so wish my grass would make like an emo kid and cut itself.

Kurt

Well I was about to cut the grass, and then a huge storm passed over. It dropped a little hail too. So instead I started working on my catalytic H-pipe. But first I had to spend an hour taking my welder apart and putting it back together. A little piece of the wire twisted and jammed the feed. Crap like that always happens to me.

Kurt

Well I was about to cut the grass, and then a huge storm passed over. It dropped a little hail too. So instead I started working on my catalytic H-pipe. But first I had to spend an hour taking my welder apart and putting it back together. A little piece of the wire twisted and jammed the feed. Crap like that always happens to me.

Kurt

Worst thing ever :mad: mig wire gets all twisted inside and flux breaks apart and jams it :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yeah, and then I realized that I left my metal cutting blade for the miter box at a friend's house 30 minutes away, so I had to do all the cuts with a 4 1/2" blade and a sawzall. Takes for damn ever. I have one side tacked up. The lawn will have to wait till next weekend. Tomorrow the grass will still be wet, and if I do it Sunday I'll be worthless for work on monday with hay fever.

Kurt

I finally watched it lastnight and it was OK. It was the first segment of the show (FWIW - they also covered enchiladas LOL & watches too) and was maybe 7 minutes long.

If you've watched "How's It's Made" before, you'll recognize that they don't get into ALL of the fine details, but they did a solid job explaining how a Turbonetics (sp?) turbocharger is manufactured...

:cheers: