How Long can this go on?

Glenns05

Oct 16, 2004
Every Mustang forum has long drawn out threads comparing the GTO with the new Mustang. Why does it seem that so many GTO owners feel the need to dismiss the Mustang and pump up the GTO (it is getting a bit worn out).

If you own a GTO good for you - if you have and '05 with an LS2 better for you. Mod it, run it, and enjoy it. But why do you have to keep coming to Mustang forums to pound the table on the GTO's superiority when the 2-cars look pretty close to me on an overall basis. I just don't get it :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

The sad thing is both sides do it. I think it's cool if there's a rivalry but seriously some people just prefer one over the other. When it comes down to things like 1/4 mile times and stuff most people really don't care. Most people don't mod their cars. It's sad that some people can't get over the fact that some people like different things.

Gloveperson said:
The GT and the GTO are in the same league. The vast majority of people who can afford a 2005 GT can also afford a 2005 GTO. 28,000 vs 34,000 is like 100 dollars more a month.
the power and price of the gto put it with the cobra and the cobra ownz the gto bad!!!! that and the gto has no style it looks like everything else pontiac makes :shrug: at least the mustang looks good

They know they can't come to the Cobra boards and talk smack, so they gotta do it over here. The Cobras even own those overrated LS2's.

Basically, they bought a car that looks like every other freaking Grand Prix and Grand Am that Pontiac has made for the last 15 years. Pontiac was stupid for stopping production of the WS6 TA's... those were the baddest ass cars Pontiac has made as far as late model muscle cars go...

The 05 GT's look way better than the Goats.

A 28K car is not in the same class as a 34K car, $100 extra a month is not reasonable to most people. The Cobra has a comparable sticker price to the GTO and as was mentioned above, kicks the billygoats butt. Now who can guess what will happen if the Mustang owner puts $6000 of go-fast parts on his GT? Tell the GTO guys to go race the 05's with SCs if they want a comparison of two $34,000 cars.

Gloveperson said:
Take a litte more time and read what you quoted my friend and you will see the word slower in it. :banana:

You're saying it would be a little slower than a Cobra, and I'm saying it'd be a lot slower than a Cobra... that's where we disagree.

Glenns05 said:
Every Mustang forum has long drawn out threads comparing the GTO with the new Mustang.

Actually, i've only read a couple GTO vs. Mustang threads so far.

Bu ti have read WAAAY too many '05 Gt vs PRE-'05 Mustang threads already. WHat the hell is up with that??? :shrug: