How long did it take for your leather seats to crack and how to prevent it?

• Sponsors (?)

Some people like Lexol leather cleaner and protect-ant. I used it on my 83 Porsche 911 and didn't care for them. The wash must be mixed with damp towel and scrubbed. The lather that comes out with the buffing must be "rinsed off" with water. I don't know about you, but I didn't like water on my leather seats. Once you get the soap out you put the protect-ant on. I worked it in with my fingers. Let it sit for 30 minutes then buff off with another towel. You have to really buff a lot to remove all of it. Once your done the seats feel sticky. The next Day the stickiness went away. But it was alot of work.

I found something alot easier and safer in my opinion. Einszett Leather Care (Lederpflege). Click here for Einszett Leather Care

I think the mustang leather seats is way better than most other american cars. go sit in a dodge, terrible! I have never had my seats rip open or crack too badly or get hard or loose that new smell. I go with Mequires, its by far the easiest and best stuff out there. one bottle cleans and conditions, and drys quick and leaves a natural feeling , no cheap shine or stickyness, and well see for yourself, I used to use lexol, what a messs, forget that stuff. its overrated

chuckystang said:
I think the mustang leather seats is way better than most other american cars. go sit in a dodge, terrible! I have never had my seats rip open or crack too badly or get hard or loose that new smell. I go with Mequires, its by far the easiest and best stuff out there. one bottle cleans and conditions, and drys quick and leaves a natural feeling , no cheap shine or stickyness, and well see for yourself, I used to use lexol, what a messs, forget that stuff. its overrated

Meguiar's is great. one bottle clean and conditions, and drys quick.. wait, I think Chuck already covered this.

hahaha glad u went over it again, because that stuff is really easy and works great, ya the seats will wear, but they will not crack or become hard if u maintain them. leather is leather unless you buy some crazy expensive car. no leatherete here hahaha

When you clean leather seats you have to use a cleaner that is pH balanced or it will cause them to crack over time. Also you should use a good leather conditioner on a regular basis. I like to use Auto Magic products but unless you know a vendor they maybe hard to get. Here is a link to a site where you can get some great detailing products. They have all the top of the line stuff but can be kinda pricey.
Good luck

http://www.premiumautocare.com/