How Long did it take?

weldonGT

Jul 15, 2004
Florida
How long did it take you to get used to the 6 speed?
I've owned a 04 GT and a 03 Mach1 which both had 5 speeds (and every other manual car I've ever owned), so driving this brand new Cobra with the 6sp has been an eye opening experience...I'm not very good with the 6sp yet. I'm missing gears, but really i've only got 335 miles on the car so I haven't really TRIED to burn up the car yet. The pattern is much closer than what I'm used to...

Weldongt

• Sponsors (?)

I've had a bit more seat time since I posted (ok, not TOO much more in the two days, but a bit) and I have to say, it is getting better. This car is MUCH more fun to drive than my MACH 1 and GT. I love the blower whine....
I have yet to floor it or take the RPM's past about 3.5K under half throttle, but I really don't need to for everyday driving...the power is intoxicating :D :hail2:

weldonGT said:
I've had a bit more seat time since I posted (ok, not TOO much more in the two days, but a bit) and I have to say, it is getting better. This car is MUCH more fun to drive than my MACH 1 and GT. I love the blower whine....
I have yet to floor it or take the RPM's past about 3.5K under half throttle, but I really don't need to for everyday driving...the power is intoxicating :D :hail2:
Wait till you get it up to 6k, wow, it justs keeps pulling, and pulling, and.. :nice: