How long do you plan on owning your car??

super302

I'd do anything for free Bapples
May 29, 2004
Davenport, IA
Just like title says :D

I plan to own mine for atleast another 10 years, i will def. be getting a dif. daily driver to go to/from college/work/etc. (toyota camry :drool: )

Its always been my dream to own a 5.0 GT hatch, not to mention one with a few modifications :D

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah im the same way, i bought it for 7,000 bucks 3 years ago, and would be lucky to sell it for 4,000 there is just no point. Ill probably get a different daily driver some day, but i dont see a reason to get rid of this thing.

Mustang-
Yup never plan to get rid of it. I worked to hard/long and gave up too much to buy it. If somethin breaks i will fix/replace it with something better. It will always be a work in progress.

Honda Accord(a.k.a. when stang is off the road car)-
Until it blows up more than it already has.

FOR EVER...no kidding either. Will give it to my son if I have one way down the road. I hope to have it fully done ie every part possible replaced with prefomance stuff by the time shes done, wouldt be suprised if I put over $50,000 into it in the long run.

For me, probably another couple of years... The wife looks at me yesterday as we are driving in her Jeep and it is GORGEOUS out (sunny, 80' not humid) and says that I need to get rid of my truck for a newer mustang vert (neither of us are big fans of the 05 yet) in place of my 03 dak and then get a mid-90's 4wd truck for the winter...

sigh... I told her I need my reliable vehicle to be the truck when in all honesty I jsut can't part with my project that I waited so many years for....

i have no idea, to me this is a stupid question. I'll probably keep it a while, get the engine done, then tranny, rear end...blah blah. Just redo everything.

BUT you never know whats gonna happen, i could wreck it and stuff, but it i did i'd just get a nother stang.

CManT1914 said:
:stupid: If it breaks, I'll upgrade it. The only reason I would not have my car is if it got stolen, totaled, or I died.

Exactly.

The wife is always trying to talk me into selling it. I told her she goes before it goes.

All the older guys I know tell me the " i had a car like that when I was your age, Then so and so made me sell it" story. I will not be one of those guys when I'm 50.

bayellowstang said:
Exactly.
The wife is always trying to talk me into selling it. I told her she goes before it goes.
All the older guys I know tell me the " i had a car like that when I was your age, Then so and so made me sell it" story. I will not be one of those guys when I'm 50.

same her with the wife. i agree i will not e one of those guys. it will be handed down to my son. and if he likes bowties, he will be disowned, and i can always adopted one that like the blue oval. :flag:

94gts said:
Mustang-
Yup never plan to get rid of it. I worked to hard/long and gave up too much to buy it. If somethin breaks i will fix/replace it with something better. It will always be a work in progress.

These two replies are exactly what I was going to say. I could never sell it because it would KILL me to see someone else ridding/enjoying my car that I put some much time and care into and have accomplished so much with. I also don't want to look back in 20yrs and sound like the old guys that "had" a great car way back when.

bayellowstang said:

Yea, it disgusts me to hear the old-timers saying how they "used" to have an old hotrod or muscle car or something. If I realized one day 20/30 years from now that I had become one of them, I would drive off a cliff in my minivan or whatever it is those old guys drive. :nonono:

Killercanary said:
These two replies are exactly what I was going to say. I could never sell it because it would KILL me to see someone else ridding/enjoying my car that I put some much time and care into and have accomplished so much with. I also don't want to look back in 20yrs and sound like the old guys that "had" a great car way back when.
Paul, I'm with you. Not that I have as much time or money invested as you (yet), I plan on doing an awful lot with my car and I'm pretty sure that no-one would appreciate it as much as me after doing the work.

(I allways hear my dad mention his '67 Fairlane GTA w/ the 390 and the 4-speed. When I get the money I want to buy him one :nice:)