How long does it take for springs to 'settle'?

fiveoho

15 Year Member
Apr 28, 2005
TN
specificially, H&R SS springs. after the install, about how long does it take for these to settle? a day, a week, ?

even if these are used with urethane isolators, the spring itself will compress a little more over time right?

will the springs settle just by sitting or is it best to put some miles on them?

im assuming (and hoping) the front may settle more than the rear.

how much extra drop should i expect after settling - 1/4'' or more?

sorry for so many questions.

• Sponsors (?)

take out your isolaters if you wanna have it lower in the front. And no, it doesnt make noise. I have them out on both my mustangs and they ride perfectly fine.

+1 on this. I don't run isolators either. I just taped the ends of my springs up with electrical tape just in case. Haven't heard a squeak or rattle yet!

the iso delete is still an option. i know already i like these better than my sportlines. the car looks more consistent, more raked.

if it doesn't settle any in the front in next few weeks, i may try removing the front iso's

Hey man, I honestly don't mean this in a condescending way at all but you really need to be patient. I'm sure you would have been happy with the Sportlines if you took the iso's out, but you didn't wait and installed the H&R's instead. Honestly, more power to you to be able to afford to buy both, but my .02 is you wait at LEAST 2 weeks, prob more like a month for them so settle all the way. I PROMISE they will settle more than you think. My Sportlines settled almost a half an inch when I installed them, and it took almost a month to get there. Again, not being a dick, because everyone wants instant gratification.....TRUST ME, I'm the same way. From one guy to another, just be patient for a few weeks and you will be happy. Good luck and get some pics up!!

Hey man, I honestly don't mean this in a condescending way at all but you really need to be patient. I'm sure you would have been happy with the Sportlines if you took the iso's out, but you didn't wait and installed the H&R's instead. Honestly, more power to you to be able to afford to buy both, but my .02 is you wait at LEAST 2 weeks, prob more like a month for them so settle all the way. I PROMISE they will settle more than you think. My Sportlines settled almost a half an inch when I installed them, and it took almost a month to get there. Again, not being a dick, because everyone wants instant gratification.....TRUST ME, I'm the same way. From one guy to another, just be patient for a few weeks and you will be happy. Good luck and get some pics up!!

:stupid:

Just be patient. I put on the Eibach Pro Kit and it was a little high for me, so I removed the isolators. Looked great, but after a while, it got low....really low (less than 2 fingers between the front tires and fender....I think 2 1/2 fingers in the rear). I am going to be putting my isolators back in after i get it back from the body shop (freakn' deer).

I know the springs arent the same, but the pricipal is....it takes time. I had the Steeda racing springs and they did the same thing... They will settle a bit (1/4 or so) in the first couple weeks, then maybe another little bit over a much longer period of time (6 months or so).

Bottom line....be patient....

i waited over a month on the sportlines actually. same ride height. no settlement...at all. also, the rear sat lopsided. drivers side was noticeably lower than the passenger. when we removed the sportlines last night, everything was in place just as it should have been. for lack of better wording: they just didn't do right.

really want to keep my iso's if at all possible. i know there are alot of peeps who haven't had any rattles, vibs, etc without them but im using that as a last resort.

hopefully the H&R's will settle a little more like you said :)

i waited over a month on the sportlines actually. same ride height. no settlement...at all. also, the rear sat lopsided. drivers side was noticeably lower than the passenger. when we removed the sportlines last night, everything was in place just as it should have been. for lack of better wording: they just didn't do right.

really want to keep my iso's if at all possible. i know there are alot of peeps who haven't had any rattles, vibs, etc without them but im using that as a last resort.

hopefully the H&R's will settle a little more like you said :)

Oh, ok. Sounds like you got a lemon set of Sportlines hahaha. Good luck with the H&R's, hope they work out for ya...get some pics!

Oh, ok. Sounds like you got a lemon set of Sportlines hahaha. Good luck with the H&R's, hope they work out for ya...get some pics!

Hah, aren't they all? The last two sets I tried on two different cars both sagged REALLY bad in the rear after a few months. It looked like I was hauling concrete in the trunk. The front was definitely much higher, and that's an ugly rake to have. Now, the Prokit springs were totally the opposite.

i think my sportlines are the same, or might be my car im not sure, my driver side front is half inch lower than my passangers, and i have rechecked and the spring is in there right!

i think you may be right :nonono:

thanks buddy. will try to get some pics up. not completely happy with the h&r's but i havent really given them a chance yet. i can say i do like the way they look over the sportlines. maybe with some time and miles i'll get another 1/2" in the front :)

Hah, aren't they all? The last two sets I tried on two different cars both sagged REALLY bad in the rear after a few months. It looked like I was hauling concrete in the trunk. The front was definitely much higher, and that's an ugly rake to have. Now, the Prokit springs were totally the opposite.

i see im not the only one.

i called customer service at eibach. 1st dude i talked to was pretty quick to blame the problem on the install or the car being 'warped' :bs: . he was fairly short with me and didnt show any interest in really trying to help (sorta what i figured before i called). 2nd guy i spoke with was nice enough but i think its safe to say, those were wasted phone calls . i told them they were welcome to google 'sportline sag' and prepare to read the rest of the day. apparently all the other cars on the road with this problem are warped too :rolleyes:

i think my sportlines are the same, or might be my car im not sure, my driver side front is half inch lower than my passangers, and i have rechecked and the spring is in there right!

i had this problem on my 95 'cept it was the rear that sat lopsided....just like my 2000 did.

im on my 6th mustang and im sure ill have more in the future. 1st mod i always do to them is lowering springs. i think its safe to say i wont be using eibach anymore.