How long is the battery cable on a 95 GT?

Battery relocation?

just a quick question.... i'm replacing my battery on my GT with an Optima Red. i'm also replacing the battery cable which has coroded. does anyone know how long of a battery cable i need to get?

NOTE:i changed the question from regular battery cable length to battery relocation.

• Sponsors (?)

if its the one that goes to the fuse box the longest you would need is about 3feet just to be safe, if you were doing the one from the alternator to the fuse box then its about 10 feet or so

*edit* while your replacing it you should upgrade to 4gauge wire

i'm looking for the positive lead to and from the battery. so i guess i'm gonna have to upgrade both "to" fusebox and "from" alternator. 4 gauge huh. OK. thanks!

10 feet!?! wow! is it that far from the battery to the alternator?

well its not that far but its better to have more then enough then not enough. i dont think theres a direct wire from the alt to the batt :shrug: im pretty sure it goes from the alt to the fuse box and from the fuse box to the batt

I just did the upgrade. I had to put a new cable from the Box to the battery. I thought the other postive that leads away from the positive went down to the starter. Anyway, That wire was too short, so I just reached down and separated the plastic holdy thingy to the chassis, and just lifted up on the wire.
If someone knows the EXACT connections and lenghts, chime in so I can straighten this thing out.
RC

475946Optima2.jpg

Cant see the wires here, but you see how nice the battery looks.
RC

what kind of connectors did you get. i tried changing out my positive terminal connector last night. i got a brass connector and now i don't have enough power to turn my alternator (just a clicking noise).

i get power (headlights, etc) but no cranking power what-so-ever.

i'm planning on getting a new battery this weekend along with the cables.

i just saw that Summit has a battery relocation kit on sale for $38. comes with a red box for the battery and all the cables. might have to get that.

can anyone testify to a performance change after moving the battery to the trunk? i've read some articles where people have done this and have noticed changes in launch times. i'm wondering if anybody has noticed this first hand.

same goes for the optima battery... notice a greater crank in the starter?