how loud are the magnaflow mufflers?

got a clip? :D

so the older you get, the quieter it needs to be? man, i dont wanna get old :rlaugh:

Haha I like it loud, but my old car was just annoying on the highway. Cruising at 75mph at 2600rpms with an o/r h-pipe for 10 hours at a time was hell. What I have now is loud enough for now. I might swap out the regular M'flows for Packs at some point but not while its a DD.

Here's a bad burnout video of my car from the American Muscle show this summer. Don't mind my n00b burnout skills, I know it's probably not good to bounce it off the limiter like that so I don't want any stupid comments. You'll get the idea of the exhaust tone though.

YouTube - Mike Burnout AM Show

• Sponsors (?)

The regular Magnaflow catback is pretty mellow and tame, like others have said. Their mufflers have that "quiet at cruising" and "loud at WOT" characteristic - sometimes it's not loud enough for certain people.

I first ran a catted Magnaflow X pipe with the regular Magnaflow catback on my '01 Cobra and it was VERY easy on the ears. The exhaust sound/tone didn't start to "wake up" until you really hammered down on the go fast pedal.

Now, on the flip side - I switched to the offroad Magnaflow X pipe because I wanted a little louder exhaust sound a few years ago. The exhaust sound/tone is more louder now, but it still doesn't really get "that loud" unless you are getting heavy with your right foot.

Running an offroad midpipe (whether it be an H or an X) will definitely make it louder though. Exhaust sound/tone is such a subjective topic though - you'll have to listen for yourself if you can, before you make a decision. Try some local car cruise/meets and listen to some of the combos in person first.

G'luck. :cheers:

Exhaust sound/tone is such a subjective topic though - you'll have to listen for yourself if you can, before you make a decision. Try some local car cruise/meets and listen to some of the combos in person first.

G'luck. :cheers:

you are exactly right. what sounds good to one, sounds like crap to another.

decisions decisions... :shrug:

I would say go with the magnapacks if you are going to have a catted pipe and go with the normal magnalfows if you have an O/R one. I love the sound of the packs with my catted VRS X pipe. Its very loud but not crazy loud and there is no anoying drone on the highway. The thing about magnaflows exhaust is the awesome tone they have and how they are the best flowing exhaust on the market.

i have them and they are only noticeable at wot , part throttle you wouldn't remember they are there , perfect for me and anyone who would like a good sound at WOT but quiet ride to work/home , they are plenty loud with no cats and long tubes at wot , very muscle car like.

your car sounds really really good. i def like it better with the o/r x. im unsure if it is as loud as i would want it. would love to see some drive-bys. dont have any by chance do you?

No i don't unfortunately. I sold the car other wise i would take some a vid for you. I will say that is much louder in person than on the video.