Roush how many 4 eye Saleen owners do we have here?

• Sponsors (?)

Back then, Saleen threw whatever was laying around on the cars. 86-122 has the 86 style front air dam, 86-123 has the 85 style front air damn. The 2 cars were 'supposedly' identical other than 123 has power windows and door locks. When we put the 2 cars side by side, we found a bunch of other small things were different.

123 is on the left, 122 is on the right

DCP_2223.JPG

Here is when I had the pair of 122's...

DCP_2028.JPG

tfalk said:
86-122 has the 86 style front air dam, 86-123 has the 85 style front air damn.

The air dams from the pictures are early and late 86. Very early 86's as well as all 85's had a variation of the air dam (seen on SaleenRanchIndy's cars) which resemble the 82 GT air dam.
Saleen7.jpg

Attachments

• Saleen7.jpg
    Saleen7.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 328
Damn sorry to get a little offtopic, but I love those old school rims. Are the specs on them 4x114.3 // 4x4.5" PCD and 16x8?? Anyone got an extra set? Hayashi, epsilon, enkei, ARE? I will SO buy them off of you. Is it possible to get them through saleen?

Sil40sx said:
Damn sorry to get a little offtopic, but I love those old school rims. Are the specs on them 4x114.3 // 4x4.5" PCD and 16x8?? Anyone got an extra set? Hayashi, epsilon, enkei, ARE? I will SO buy them off of you. Is it possible to get them through saleen?

They're 16x7 Rikens for the most (in 86) but some 86's received Enkei's (same size). The Hiyashi's were found on the earlier cars but I don't know the deminsions. They're getting hard to find in 16's but I have seen a few of them pop up on occasion on eBay.

Randy

RandyA said:
They're 16x7 Rikens for the most (in 86) but some 86's received Enkei's (same size). The Hiyashi's were found on the earlier cars but I don't know the deminsions. They're getting hard to find in 16's but I have seen a few of them pop up on occasion on eBay.

Randy

.....the Hayashi race design alloy wheels were 15x7's. Most were painted like good old #32 in gold with a chrome lip. Came with 215/60HR15 Goodyear GT's:

websaleenFIRSTc.jpg

:( My 85 looked identical to #32 above, that was before an extreme overexposure to SoCal heat leaving her with a 3rd degree burn nose to door handles :rolleyes:

Here's mine. Unfortunately it's the only good picture I have of it. On a side note, I would be interested in knowing how many of these still exist.

Attachments

• 86-61resized.jpg
    86-61resized.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 156
sln8661 said:
I would be interested in knowing how many of these still exist.

Hi Sergio. Your car looks good as always!
I'm not sure what the attrition rate has been of these cars but I do know there's somsone on ebay parting out one right now. The sad thing is that we will probably see a clone pop up in a few years trying to be passed as authentic.

If you check this guys other auctions, he states that he is parting out an 86 Saleen. Someone on another board tried to buy the whole car and he wouldn't sell it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986...011QQitemZ320013463599QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Hey Randy,
I have to thank Mark for the way the car looks. He takes great care of them for me. I have always said they look better no then when I had them at my house.

I just saw that auction. I think it's sad that the car is being parted out. Unfortunately some people don't have the passsion that is required for restoring cars like these. I had/have the passion, but being overseas and having done a semi-restoration, long distance, I would rather buy cars that don't need anything. A new stereo, tires and shocks are one thing, restoration is another.

Unfortunately you're right about someday the clone being passed off as authentic. If these cars ever achieve the same value that Shelbys have, people are going to need to do more homework when they to buy one. Have you seen what a real Shelby is going for? How about a Shelby clone?

I have been lucky in buying my Saleens. All of them have been from longdistance with e-mail and telephone calls. I have dealt with Mark @ PAS - he knows Saleens. And, he's never steered me wrong. He seems to know about almost every Saleen. Question is - How many people like Mark are going to be around in future for reference. There''s only a very few people around now.

Hmmm, this has turned to be a plug for Mark @ PAS. Sorry about that. :)

RandyA said:
Where ya been Mike? :D

We gotta get some pics of that car before you let it get away!

Not too much time for being online with what all is going on...

I'm guessing that the ol' '85 isn't going anywhere any time soon, but for the right price anything is possible. As you know, garage space is not a problem at this time :)