How many are running Nittos DR on your daily driven mustang?

kj99

Founding Member
Sep 2, 1999
Spartanburg SC
Is it ok to drive on dr everyday? ( my NT 555 are almost gone now)

I'm getting ready to buy 2 rear tires and thought about getting 275/40 Nittos DR for every day driving. plus I'm going on a 450 mile trip home to Indiana at the end of this month. would this be wise. how good are they in rain.

anyone with these can help me out?

what other 275/40 tires do you all like for you stang.

• Sponsors (?)

personally, i won't run anything except nitto's in the rear...they are fine in the rain when the tread is new and they suck once they start to get "bald", just like any other tire...they get great traction in wet and dry pavement conditions...i drive 200+ miles a week on them with no problems...just drive with your head in the rain and you will be fine..most of the problems with them have been hydroplaining when hitting puddles with near-bald tires...for a daily driven drag racer they are the best IMO.

there is a thread like this a few pages back in this forum... :nice:

Didnt have Nittos, but had BFG's. The were actually great in the rain when they had tread. But the tread on my BFG's lasted maybe a month or two. After that, I highly recommend you don't drive your car in the rain with those on. They will hydroplane with only a minimal ammount of water on the pavement once they get bald. I was driving on the highway when it was rainning, I could only do 15-20mph and still it felt like I was on ice. I took them off the next day. I loved my radials but if I were you I wouldn't use them on a daily driver. Just get some cheap-o rims and mount the radials to those so their ready if you want to go to the strip.

Hey, thanks guys for your replys. I have a 2 weeks to make up my mind.

If I get the DR, I won't be able to get a shifter.

But if I get some kumhos ecstas or Falkens or something, I can also get me a shifter before I go on this trip. Not sure what to do.. :shrug: :D :D

Cheaper tires/w a shifter (upr). Or Nittos DR w/ no shifter