How many miles are too high to start modding?

baller760

Apr 23, 2004
So. Cal.
How many miles are too high to start modding a 4.6 modular motor? Because I know a 5.0 is a pretty strong engine and many people are just putting blowers on them with 150k and stuff. The reason I ask is because all of the 99+ GT's I see for sale that are between 9-11k have low 60's to high 70' on them.

• Sponsors (?)

bdcardinal said:
depending on where you live, you might not be able to do that. in know here, it is illegal to put a windsor motor in a mustang because they were never offered from the factory and the motor is also older than the car.

Wow that is really interesting, but then again you do live in CA. I live in FL. I wonder if there are any laws for that?

rickster99 said:
Wow that is really interesting, but then again you do live in CA. I live in FL. I wonder if there are any laws for that?

^^ :lol that sucks for the guy in cali.... in FL we have no car inspections or emssion testing at all.... so im almost 100% sure that you can do anything you want to the car... i''ve only heard of cops pulling you over for noise ordanace, and ride height (the headlights must be at a certain height)...

FL is lucky :)