How many miles on your S197, total and yearly

• Sponsors (?)

I am glad to see to this thread because i was curious about the same thing....I just traded in my 2005 Mustang v6 with 196000miles on it.....yes 196k..it was a great car....the only thing that went bad on it after all those miles was the alternator and battery. The BF Goodrich traction T/As were good for almost 100k miles(originals then second set).

BTW I purchased a perfect 2008 mustang (v6/vapor silver) with 24000 on it.

I bought mine in April 2008 and have rolled up 22K since then. I supercharged it with 2.5K on the clock and it is my daily driver - wouldn't have it any other way. I figure why own it and why build it if you're only going to drive it on "nice" days. Hopefully next spring/summer I can go forged and stroked and turn up the boost.

I haven't replaced anything for maintenance reasons but the wipers and oil. Plugs were replaced when FRPP came out with colder plugs for my heads, brake pads were replaced when I moved to the Brembo's and painted the rear calipers, tires were upgraded to Nitto 555Rs when the Shelby Razors went on (have the originals in the garage which show little wear) and the clutch had to be replaced because it just couldn't keep up.

If the snow gets too deep, I drive my wife's G35x since she doesn't like the snow anyway.

i've had my '06 GT for a little over a month now and just clicked over 23,000 miles. it's my daily driver but still sees plenty of TLC. wash and clean every week. i'm taking the "old fart" approach to driving it; easy takeoffs, no faster than 60mph and supreme gas. i'm trying to see how good of mileage i can get out of it. getting an average 20.6 mpg. has been lowered and after-market exhaust performed by previous owner, nice stance and REAL nice rumble! CAI and tune, aluminum interior and under-hood parts coming soon. i LOVE being a pony owner again!!

Cool to see this (my) thread get bumped back up. I'm closing in on 100k. Probably not before Jan 1, but soon. Changed jobs, so I'm driving less right now. Next spring the driving will go back up though. No real issues, but I do need to start putting a little money into it, freshen up the front end a bit and get an alignment and get the TPS reset since I've been having an idle issue on cold starts after I had to put a new battery in it, other than that, she's almost as good as new. I do drive it harder than some of you, the best I've been able to get out of a set of tires is 40k (OEM 18" BFG KWSs). Still on original front brakes (they are getting thin, but I'm dragging my feet on doing it lol), replaced the rears at around 80k. The big issue is I'm starting to get some rust where the bodywork was done from the big wreck I had 3 years ago. The whole right side is new sheetmetal and the spot welds in the rear fender well are getting the telltale signs. Gonna dig into the "lifetime" warranty from the body shop that did the work and see what all it covers and what my out of pocket costs are gonna be to take care of that before it get's to be a big issue.

Bought my 07 Gt new in March of 07. I just turned 150k on it. The only issue I had was a complete diff rebuild. I am guessing that had more to do with my driving than the stock internals.

My Gt remains my daily driver and I still put 300+ miles on it a week for work. It sees snow about once a year as I live and work in East Texas and thats about all we get. I think about getting a second vehicle on those few days a year as I do not enjoy driving the GT in the snow. Then the weather clears up an I apologize to my pony for even thinking such a thought.

I am still 100% stock besides a dealer installed spoiler. I think I will make some upgrades to the suspension next year as I have noticed the ride is getting a little soft. All and all I could not be happier with my Ford. My 2001 sable I traded in for the GT cost more to maintain!

P4230290.jpg

Attachments

• P4230290.jpg
    P4230290.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 136
I bought my car in July with 53,500 miles on it. As of the week before Thanksgiving when I put it away for the winter it was very close to turning over 60K, and most of those miles had been since August when I started driving 80 miles a day. Damn I can't believe I put almost 7000 miles on the car in 5 months!

2005, bought the same week they hit the dealerships, just turned 100k, and I have been deployed 39 months since then. Wife drives it 50/50 between her daily driver F350 CC, LB, 4xx4 when Im gone.
And she just told me this morning we are buying a new mustang when I get home...... ANOTHER new mustang... LOL

07, bought 8/07 new, v6 auto as a driver... boring... frpp suspension, eibach sport springs, control arms, watts link, geared, injectors, headers, 18'' shelbly wheels, 245/45/18 nittos...etc, etc... lots of fun to drive. driven 600 miles a week, gets 29mpg, sits in the garage at night, hates snow n speed bumps, only 2 inches of ground clearance... 110k so far, v8 5 speed swap soon

Just bought an 05 gt with 136k on it. Lower mileage cars where easily 50% higher around here. Traded mileage for cash basically. Got this one for about 10 otd. 03&04's are still fetching that much around here, so i jumped.

Quick update, turned 100K recently and have done a front brake job. Still need to address the other issues though. Have a buddy who runs a body shop that will do the front end suspension work for me and will let me buy my own parts so I can shop around and get upgraded pieces off the 'net for a good price.

I bought my 05 GT in Aug of 2005 and it has 49,800miles on it right now. I have been deployed twice and for the last 13 months I have been hiding it during an ugly divorce but I'm back to it as my daily driver again and still grin like an idiot when that magnacharger screams under full throttle. By the way I have made a few trip back to Kansas City from Washington DC in it also, so she does get driven everywhere!

I'm now at 120k on my 06 GT. Only work done so far - One plug change (Now Champion 1 piece), Battery, Blower resistor, and rear brakes. My Pirelli's lasted close to 60k each, now on Continental DWS's. Front brakes are still good.
I've never had a car wear rear brakes out first. But my wife's Flex did too.
I'm running around 400 miles a week and my 88 Stang LX 5.0 reached 350k before it became a secondary vehicle. Hoping to reach 500k on this one.

'05 GT w/15,300 miles. Bought as my hobby toy as I loved the retro look. My best friend in high got a brand new '67 Mustang canary yellow w/black
interior, 289 4-speed and I had been jealous ever since. Did the mechanical upgrades as well as the sequential tail lights, upgrade the rear deck speakers,
door sill inserts, trunk release button in the glove box, etc.

bought my 07 in nov of 07. Got 140000 miles on it now. Still got the original clutch. Car's been awesome! just getting the headlights replaced so they're shiny again. Just recently took the broken lumbar support out and the ruined foam out of the seat and put in new foam so the driver's seat is all good again. I've driven it in snow, ice, gravel, you name it and the car still looks and runs great!