How many of you have blew up your motor?

pb_paulie_b

Founding Member
May 19, 2001
Chaptico, Maryland
What happened :shrug:
I blew my old 90' up in the middle of a race. I ' was' winning until it sounded like someone replaced my oil with chunks of metal :notnice: I had metal in my intake.
There was a valve stuck in the piston, cracked the cylinder wall, took out one of the heads. It was kinda cool that I was racing another Mustang and after my pops pulled it to my house the other guy helped me push it up my driveway.

• Sponsors (?)

80 Z28, oil pump pickup tube fell off, didnt even notice it right away, had it down for a week to put AFR 195's, 1.6 RR's and an Edelbrock RPM Air Gap Intake on it. Drove the car with the new heads like a mile or two and it started knocking louder and louder, it was a goner.

94 Z28, had cracked the pistons with the nitrous but kept beating on it, ran it around 161 MPH or so one night, slowed down and it shut off. Cranked it up, made another high speed pass, it shut off again. It was running ROUGH, reved on a 94-95 GT, he came up beside me up the road, I hit it, started pulling, got to 5000 RPM's and the car wouldnt rev anymore lol, let off and coasted into the gas station.

Popped the hood, cranked it up, CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK, white smoke POURING out of the valve cover breather. It kept dying on the way home, passed a cop and he followed me to my house with the car dying, trying to drive the 25 MPH speed limit down my road. He was cool though.

Two spun rod bearings, two cracked pistons, two broke rings and two bent rods.

88 GT, car had a pretty bad timing cover leak and got low on oil one night, I tried to top it out on a country back road, slowed down it was knocking a little but didnt sound like a bearing. Checked the oil and it was 2.5 quarts low, doh! I beat the ***** out of it for a couple more days when it started REALLY knocking. Had a friend put some rod bearings and a new oil pump in it real quick, it was still knocking. Sold it to a guy who didnt care as he had a 347 waiting for it.

70 F100-300 I6-christmas morning 1999 i think. had my mom and sister with me goin to my grandparents. was playin with a late model f150 on the highway. after he turned off, i looked back and had a huge cloud of white steam comin out the exhaust. truck started missing slightly, but i was bout 10 miles from where i was goin so i kept driving it. got all the way to my grandparents street, it died at the corner, didnt think it was gonna start back up at all, but it did. got to the house, popped the hood and had water spraying outa both sides of the head lol. tore it down that afternoon and took the head to be reworked the next day. when i got it back together and running, it ran 10-15min and started sprayin oil/water out the tailpipe. number 3 cylinder was spider webbed...looked horrible, i was proud of myself.

this is from my 88 coupe the dowl pin on the cam broke.
00001674nc.jpg

00001689ag.jpg

my current 85 i bought and then drove 3 miles, one of the dog bones snapped and it spun 2 lifters.

then after missing a gear on the bottle i bent some pushrods.

Attachments

• 00001674nc.jpg
    00001674nc.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 74
  • 00001689ag.jpg
    00001689ag.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 64