xr8d302

I bought a 27" monitor to compensate for my lack o
Apr 29, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Well, we've learned alot about people this week

Caldwell likes to eat bum.

Joe 5.0 made out with a guy.

Nacho thinks teabagging is "bad ass"

so why not learn about each other's bad habits....I'm a smoker, it's a good pastime while hanging out in the field with the army.

How many of you guys also crave teh nicotine? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I dont smoke, allurg. actually...

A little side note though...everyone allways says the bad things about smoking....wanna know a wierd fact that is GOOD...

Smokers have a FAR,FAR, FAR less chance of developing Alzhimers(sp?) and if they do the onset of the illness is far less in its speed and also greatly reduced.

reason---the nicotine has been proven to cause the neurons to "grow" more contacts over the years of use. These contacts are what the illness kills so it has to kill so many more the onset is gen. slower and for some reason a very small precentage of smokers even get the illness.

blksn955.o said:
Smokers have a FAR . . . less chance of developing Alzhimers(sp?) and if they do the onset of the illness is far less in its speed and also greatly reduced.
Could that be because it's a degenerative disease that generally afflicts the elderly, and smoking kills off most smokers before they live long enough to suffer from it?

GRGT1994 said:
Could that be because it's a degenerative disease that generally afflicts the elderly, and smoking kills off most smokers before they live long enough to suffer from it?
:rlaugh:

it was a medical study we went over in a drug/behavior class, we asked the same thing...:rlaugh:

Bad news on smoking was after 10-15 yrs your lungs and body will make a 100% full recovery, after 20+yrs it does not matter when you quit it is a matter of when not if you die from it, from lung cancer, empzma., other illness from smoking.

I can't stand smoke. I don't want it around me. Back in the day .... before Uncle Sam got ahold of me .... well ...... you know.

I have a different bad habit, though. Probably worse according to you guys. I'm a smokeless tobacco user. I started in high school .... using it to lose weight while I was wrestling. Then, after HS .... I quit for over a year. Then I started back. Like at least 90% of the Soldiers I serve with do it to. We need to quit.

FINALLY A SMOKER! Thank you 1994Vib.RedGT

and Justin, yep, the Canadian Army has a major smoking habit, although it's died down in the past 8 years since i joined. I guess it's pretty much the same bad thing...

my friends dad smokes and he got altzhimers (sp) hes not even 50 yet

i dont smoke, never smoked a cig in my life :flag: but i have smoked other stuff a few times, maybe 5-6 times total

beer is what keeps me sane