How much boost?

99 gt

Apr 16, 2005
On my 99 gt I have gone with twin turbos two T3's. How much boost should I run with my modifications?Cams,2800 stall torque converter, Heddman headers, and a x-pipe. Should I put 8 lb springs in them or what?

thanks,
Jordan

• Sponsors (?)

Depends, do you want to blow the motor the first time you go in to boost, or would you rather wait and blow the motor a little ways down the road?

Kiss the connecting rods goodbye if you go any higher than 9 or so. And whatever you go with, make sure you get a damn good tune.

6 will last longer and deff will have more then enough power for the street... If you are planning on getting a short block soon down the road then push the 8spring but somethings deff going to break in a short amount of time. This is coming from a friend who built that yellow turbo mach 1 from mm&ff im sure some of u have seen it

Gearbanger 101 said:
Yeah, I was going to suggest 5-6psi as well. Should still be more than enough for 400hp and thats about where the stock engine internals seem to give up the ghost.

with turbos, he's got a little more room to play with. he should be safe below 450rwhp because turbos don't have the parasitic drag that superchargers do.

My dad owns a mechanic shop and hes going to custom make it. He just turbocharged my brothers hayabusa. I was thinking 12 lbs total would be the max with stock compression. But where I'm confused is with twin turbos will 2 turbos pushing 6 psi make 12 psi or will the wastesgates sprung with 6 psi open at 6 psi and stay there. Will the two turbos make a (sum) lbs or indiviual lbs. Also I was thinking that I should us 42 lbs injectorswith a rising rate regulator and upgraded fuel pump. Or say I run 8 total Lbs should I just get larger injectors and upgrade the fuel pump and forget the rising rate regulator. How should I upgrade the fuel system? And If I wanted to run 10 lbs of boost should I put a 10 lbs spring in each turbo or two 5's? Thanks for the help.

Go with one turbo, T3/T4 hybrid, if you can find one. Let your whole engine spin one turbo at about 6-8psi. This should give you a hugh gain in power over your current set up. Go to a plumbing store, get some supplies(T's, ect), make a boost controller, so when you get some more internals you can raise the boost accordingly.