How much do Terminator motors go for???

Well I dont have a big long fancy explanation. but ill say this... you are assuming he replaces everything. forged rotating assembly= 1300 for starts (I dont know how much all the small things cost) and you can find a used vortech s trim 1500. He will need the supporting mods and get them for like say another grand. Thats cheap (leaving out the labor in our equations because we dont know if he can do it or if he has friends that can). Ill tell you right now you are the more knowledgeable person on this topic, but if he wants to keep it basic it can be done for very cheap. I mean he can go to a shop like MMR per say, buy a forged short block for 2,500.00, 100 shot dry kit for 400.00. thats 2900 plus whatever other parts he needs to complete the job. thats dirt cheap. IM NOT trying to challenge your knowledge just going off the original price givin of the termi motor vs the simple route that a lot of guys go... I cant go as in depth as you because Ive never done the swap. But from what ive been purchasing for my car, the amount of money spent, and my goals in mind what I have planed seems alot cheaper/fatser than a STOCK termi or termi swap 2v. thats all Im sayin bud. im not getting into KB/whippled talk because thats another beast... AND i know ill lose LOL how about them saints!!!

Yes nitrous would be the cheap way to do it and you can get it done cheap that way if you don't mind filling nitrous bottles and realize that one back fire and you intake is in a few hundred pieces. Of course there are cheaper ways to go that fast but it doesn't mean they will hold up as well or make more power.

As for the MRR SB for $2500 it has a cast crank and I beam rods. Their version of a SB that is comparable to a Cobra (forged crank, H beam rods) is $2900 but you still need ARP main studs, head studs, head gaskets and oil pump so there is another $800 and when opening the engine you better replace the chain tensioners that's another $100-150.

You can get rotating assemblies for cheap but machine work is a good $500-800 and assembly can be anywhere from $500-600 unless he can do it himself. Yes you can get a used blower but that also means there is a really good chance of it needing a rebuild from Vortech if not right away, in the near future.

Bill

• Sponsors (?)

Yes nitrous would be the cheap way to do it and you can get it done cheap that way if you don't mind filling nitrous bottles and realize that one back fire and you intake is in a few hundred pieces. Of course there are cheaper ways to go that fast but it doesn't mean they will hold up as well or make more power.

As for the MRR SB for $2500 it has a cast crank and I beam rods. Their version of a SB that is comparable to a Cobra (forged crank, H beam rods) is $2900 but you still need ARP main studs, head studs, head gaskets and oil pump so there is another $800 and when opening the engine you better replace the chain tensioners that's another $100-150.

You can get rotating assemblies for cheap but machine work is a good $500-800 and assembly can be anywhere from $500-600 unless he can do it himself. Yes you can get a used blower but that also means there is a really good chance of it needing a rebuild from Vortech if not right away, in the near future.

Bill
I guess... attention 2v owners dont build your motor. the best thing to do is a termi swap. and if you buy a used vortech, you need to have it rebuilt:rolleyes: what ever you say

I guess... attention 2v owners dont build your motor. the best thing to do is a termi swap. and if you buy a used vortech, you need to have it rebuilt:rolleyes: what ever you say

That's not what I said just pointing out facts about what things really cost. Ask anyone that knows me on here I pushed the living hell out of my 2000 GT. I'm far from being your standard "4v rules all" people.

That's not what I said just pointing out facts about what things really cost. Ask anyone that knows me on here I pushed the living hell out of my 2000 GT. I'm far from being your standard "4v rules all" people.

garage_vehicle-11-12228321282.jpg

:D

Now that guy has done a lot with a 2v. I would find him and ask his advice. If only I could remember his screen name. He knows his stuff. I would take what he says about 2v, 4v, racing, or making power the best way.

I never said anything about this gentleman not knowing his info on 2v's, 3v's, or 4v's did I? The SIMPLE debate I said was that you can build a 2v motor with a blower and it will would be cheaper and faster than BUYING 4v motor + the swap...LOL guys are assuming things and putting words in my mouth. I actually even said he in the more knowledgeable person on this topic. He wins I lose im over it... LOL btw nice to meet you guys Derrick is the name. GO saints.

okay the guy gets what you mean about saving the money and putting it into a 2v but if you want more power or be able to handle that power safley you want a termi motor.. thats why they are more expensive they are better! you cant try and say you would rather have a 2v sohc when you could have a 4v dohc come on:rlaugh:

okay the guy gets what you mean about saving the money and putting it into a 2v but if you want more power or be able to handle that power safley you want a termi motor.. thats why they are more expensive they are better! you cant try and say you would rather have a 2v sohc when you could have a 4v dohc come on:rlaugh:

In that case, why stop there? Why not a 5.4 4v? If money is no object, then just go buy an 03-04 Cobra. If it IS, then you would save a ton without having to go through the 4v conversion process if you just built up the 2v or swapped in a nice pre-built one. I would rather have had a Cobra over my GT in the first place. but come on. "They are more expensive."

LOL sorry thats not at all what I said... again, putting words in my mouth.

In that case, why stop there? Why not a 5.4 4v? If money is no object, then just go buy an 03-04 Cobra. If it IS, then you would save a ton without having to go through the 4v conversion process if you just built up the 2v or swapped in a nice pre-built one. I would rather have had a Cobra over my GT in the first place. but come on. "They are more expensive."

OMG thank you... im really suprised at some of the reading comprehension levls of some of the people. I simply THOUGHT it was cheaper to buy a forged rotating assembly and a used blower. Then I said A 2v with a forged bottom end and a blower would be faster than a 2v WITH A STOCK TERMI SETUP (390 at the crank???) thats ALL I MEANT. its as simple as that :shrug:

Yes Cobras cost more

A cobra is better platform to start from no doubt, and you can easily mod the everliving piss out of it. It is also one of the most stout motors EVER.

The more you mod/build something, the higher the chances of something going wrong.

FWIW speed wise, a KB GT will yank a stock 03/04 Cobra...but good luck finding one of them.