How much faster is the 94-95 than the 96-98?

i would just rather having a 5.0. i ithnk ford should have stuck with the 5.0 becasue if they did, everyone would have a 5.0 and there would be no fighting. lol. at least we all have Mustangs and are not have fart can cars.

• Sponsors (?)

984.6gt said:
the 5.0 would need at least $800 worth of heads, $400-$500 for an Intake, and $200-300 for a cam that will make 300 to the wheels. Now I will admitt that the 5.0 is easier to work on, but the 4.6 is not brain science.

Not always. I spent $800 and got heads, intake, and headers. Add in my cam, used 1.7's and I "should" have hit the 300rwhp mark for less then what you figure. I plan to have it dynoed soon to find out.

I had an acquintance buy a totaled v8 explorer and take the P heads and intake off, ported the intake and made some crazy power all for less than 800. man i wish i could find those deals. too bad his dad owns a car dealership.

HtownGT said:
I had an acquintance buy a totaled v8 explorer and take the P heads and intake off, ported the intake and made some crazy power all for less than 800. man i wish i could find those deals. too bad his dad owns a car dealership.

also 984.6gt unless u were lying to me before i distinctly remember ur avtar, b/c i loved the look of the bumper so i am pretty damn sure it was u, maybe a different name on the sticker but one non the less, unless years of being a stupid teenager are cathing up to me.

HtownGT said:
also 984.6gt unless u were lying to me before i distinctly remember ur avtar, b/c i loved the look of the bumper so i am pretty damn sure it was u, maybe a different name on the sticker but one non the less, unless years of being a stupid teenager are cathing up to me.

also i dont street race nor do i have the money to race at the track since i am a poor college kid workign 2 jobs to pay rent and tuition. not fun.

984.6gt said:
What I am ting to say is that both cars need the same mods to reach 300HP, but suprising as it may sound the 4.6 can get there with less money, the PI heads can be had for less than $500 if you look enough, the Manifold is about $100-$200, depending on where you look, the cams are cheap as dirt. And the Bolt-ons for both cars cost about the same, the 5.0 would need at least $800 worth of heads, $400-$500 for an Intake, and $200-300 for a cam that will make 300 to the wheels. Now I will admitt that the 5.0 is easier to work on, but the 4.6 is not brain science.
I'm going to have to disagree with you. In the latest 5.0 Magazine, they built a 4.6L up to 300 rwhp (and then past that even, not half bad), and it cost them $1000 more to do it to the 4.6L than the 5.0L. And I haven't seen all that many 96-98 PI headed cars actually hitting the magic 300 rwhp mark even with all the toys.

The 5.0 will not need longtubes for 300 rwhp, so scratch that from the list. You don't need a custom cam, either, a $130 FRPP cam will be just fine. The other numbers are more variable, but I've seen a 5.0 putting down 300 rwhp with GT-40P heads, which can be had for a couple hundred bucks if you shop around.

No matter. Buy what you want, mod it, drive it, have fun, kick ass.

Dave

984.6gt said:
1996-98 GT + Ported PI Heads + Stock PI Cams + Longtubes+ Bolt-ons + DynoTune=300RWHP.

1994-95 GT + GOOD Aftermarket Heads + GOOD Aftermarket Cam + GOOD Aftermarket Intake Manifold + Longtubes + Bolt-Ons = 300RWHP

How about this

1994-95 GT + The best Aftermarket Heads + the best Aftermarket Cam + the best Aftermarket Intake Manifold + Longtubes + Bolt-Ons = 350+

1996-98 GT + the best Heads + the best Cam + Longtubes+ Bolt-ons + DynoTune=300+

984.6gt said:
What I am ting to say is that both cars need the same mods to reach 300HP, but suprising as it may sound the 4.6 can get there with less money, the PI heads can be had for less than $500 if you look enough, the Manifold is about $100-$200, depending on where you look, the cams are cheap as dirt. And the Bolt-ons for both cars cost about the same, the 5.0 would need at least $800 worth of heads, $400-$500 for an Intake, and $200-300 for a cam that will make 300 to the wheels. Now I will admitt that the 5.0 is easier to work on, but the 4.6 is not brain science.
I dont get how for the 4.6 you can use cheap junkyard heads but for the 5.0 you have to buy 800 dollar new heads?? This is rediculous, Why not buy a set of used AFR's or Edelbrock heads for cheap and then a used E cam for like 50 bucks. If your gonnna do the comparison for cash do it with the price of all new parts man thats the only way for it to work.

WhiteDevil said:
I dont get how for the 4.6 you can use cheap junkyard heads but for the 5.0 you have to buy 800 dollar new heads?? This is rediculous, Why not buy a set of used AFR's or Edelbrock heads for cheap and then a used E cam for like 50 bucks. If your gonnna do the comparison for cash do it with the price of all new parts man thats the only way for it to work.

Like I say before

Seth5.0 said:
How about this

1994-95 GT + The best Aftermarket Heads + the best Aftermarket Cam + the best Aftermarket Intake Manifold + Longtubes + Bolt-Ons = 350+

1996-98 GT + the best Heads + the best Cam + Longtubes+ Bolt-ons + DynoTune=300+

HtownGT said:
Well, considering that bumper has not been on my car to long it must have been sombody else, I got that bumper last summer somtime.

WhiteDevil said:
OK, lets do that...... Here is Houston Performances price for BRAND NEW 99+ Heads....$780
Show me a NEW head for a 5.0 that is capable of making 300HP for less than $800. There might be a pair or two, but I am just showing you guys it is not a million dollar project to make a 4.6 have 300HP, as some of you guys seem to think. It can be done fairly cheap, just like the 5.0.

Seth5.0 said:
How about this

Hahaha, you are a funny guy, you are calling our factory heads "THE BEST". The sad thing is, they are. But the simple fact that thee two cars are comparable wehn the 5.0 is using "THE BEST" aftermarket components possible shows how much potential the 4.6l has, and as far as the 300HP you gave the 4.6L, how about you look at this guys site, he is making over 330rwhp with ported factory heads, and he runs 11.7@116 NA.

http://forums.modulardepot.com/flyshow.php?&s=&showid=150

Show me a 94-95 GT running 11.7@116 using factory ported heads.

HairyCanary said:
The 5.0 will not need longtubes for 300 rwhp, so scratch that from the list. You don't need a custom cam, either, a $130 FRPP cam will be just fine. The other numbers are more variable, but I've seen a 5.0 putting down 300 rwhp with GT-40P heads, which can be had for a couple hundred bucks if you shop around.

No matter. Buy what you want, mod it, drive it, have fun, kick ass.

Dave

Very true, I have a friend w/ a 91 Stang.. Twisted wedge heads, Cobra Intake, E303 Cam, pullies, and timming adjustment. Mac Shorty Headers, Off road H Pipe, Mac Cat back. Dynoed at 299 On a Dyno Jet.

~Travis~

OK, lets end this. Both cars look the same, both cars have the same interior, both cars sound great, both cars can run low 12's-high 11's NA with stock displacment. Both cars can be made to have over 300HP with less than $3,000. And most of all, both cars are Mustangs, and are not F-Bodies.