How much faster is the 94-95 than the 96-98?

984.6gt said:
OK, lets end this. Both cars look the same, both cars have the same interior, both cars sound great, both cars can run low 12's-high 11's NA with stock displacment. Both cars can be made to have over 300HP with less than $3,000. And most of all, both cars are Mustangs, and are not F-Bodies.

Or Hondas, or some other gay Import

• Sponsors (?)

984.6gt said:
Hahaha, you are a funny guy, you are calling our factory heads "THE BEST". The sad thing is, they are. But the simple fact that thee two cars are comparable wehn the 5.0 is using "THE BEST" aftermarket components possible shows how much potential the 4.6l has, and as far as the 300HP you gave the 4.6L, how about you look at this guys site, he is making over 330rwhp with ported factory heads, and he runs 11.7@116 NA.

http://forums.modulardepot.com/flyshow.php?&s=&showid=150

Show me a 94-95 GT running 11.7@116 using factory ported heads.

We talkin about 96-98 4.6l not 99+

I have to give you :bs: for this one

Seth5.0 said:

We talkin about 96-98 4.6l not 99+

I have to give you :bs: for this one
Yea but the block is the exact same, so all you would have to do is take the heads from that car and place them on the 96-98, to tell you the truth, it would make more compresion with the 96-98 pistons so it might even make more HP. All 96-03 4.6L havr the same potential when it comes to trying to make 300HP. Neither one can do it without ported heads. Akll you have to do to a 96-98 GT to make it like a 99+ is swap the heads. Like I have said before.

Just a couple FYI's for you all...

my stock 95 GT 5 speed convertible: 15.2 at 90mph

my cousin's stock '94 GT 5 speed coupe: 14.8 at 93mph

my mom's '01 Bullitt: 14.1 at 98mph stock, 13.70 at 99.99mph on nitto DR's

There was a LOT of bad info on this, so much so I lost track of what I wanted to correct when I replied. The fact remains, that stock for stock, 94-95's and 96-98's are very close in what they run. To unlock decent power for either requires a swap of the intake, heads, and cam. I honestly don't have much love for the '96-98's as I test drove a GTS like '96 that was a stripped car with manual locks, wind up windows, etc and the thing wouldn't even get tire on the 1-2 shift, I drove a '94GT coupe the very same day and it "felt" much quicker due to its increased low end torque. I have freinds that have owned '96-98 SOHC and DOHC cars. My one friend with a '98 SOHC GT with a completely stock long block but with MAF, T-body, exhaust, pulleys, etc ran 14.1 at 102mph. My other friend had a '98 cobra convertible... best it ran was a 14.5 at 96mph stock.... I ran close to that with pulleys, 3.73's, offroad X, and mufflers.

The 99-newer 4.6 is a GREAT engine. Their potetial is amazing. Case in point, my good friend Mike (DU302) has a '01 GT convertible with exhaust, pulleys, 4.30's, and ET streets on drag wheels. The car has gone 13.2 at 102mph. It took me everything in my sig to beat that time. My car did run 13.8 at 98.5mph with the stock heads and cam (and weighed ~3800lbs) but that was the best I could get out of it.

I don't beleive for a second that 300rwhp can be had in a '99-newer 4.6 SOHC without port work and cams. I haven't been on the mod boards for a while, but unless something has truely changed in the last 3 months, 300rwhp is a rarity. I could go on and on about the good and bad of each design, but it's pointless. I do think people should do a little more research about what they are knocking before posting though. Just because you beat a '96-98 stang by three lengths doesn't mean squat as you don't know the situation of that car. get on the other boards and READ. I can't tell you how much time I've spent reading on the modular forums. Why do I do this... because this is the future of our hobby. Evolution and change are good things guys, and ford has started to get its act together with the 4.6 mod motor, if you don't see this or agree you might as well sell your stang and go back to a carb. I love my car and the ease of working on the 5.0 motor. I would not want to have to buy the expensive cam alignment tools needed to work on the DOHC mod motors (and I ASSUME the same holds true for the SOHC... correct me if I'm wrong) Anyway... I think everyone needs to read more before talking about things they "think" they know about.

984.6gt- I must say I'm impressed with the way you handled yourself in here for the most part as I remember you when you were refered to as an "ass clown"... it seems you grew up. Thanks!