How Much Has My 02 Been Lowered?

Jim Holland

Dec 4, 2015
I have a 2002 Mustang GT and i bought the car in January of 2015 and i am looking for some different suspension upgrades and i was trying to figure out how low the car was so i could look for something a little bit lower.. Any clue on how much its been lowered already? image1.JPG image2.JPG image3.JPG

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

can you look at the spring and see if you can see any labels? or engraving that would give us a better clue? what kind of shocks or struts to you have?
then we can make a more informed suggestions.

I started with this as my 1st mod and gave me about 1" drop. 1999-2004 Mustang
now they have this Coil-Over Package, MM Dampers, 1994-2004 solid axle Mustang its a little more but you get everything and you can dial in your ride height to whatever you wanted. if you go too low make sure you invest in a bump steer kit and a really good alignment

I have everything Maximum Motorsports makes. they are a little more expensive but they are top notch quality. I dont have coil overs in my ride yet, but its something i am going to do next summer.
Here is my ride and I am using all maximum motorsports stuff. http://i.imgur.com/omT4TSI.jpg

the rears have adjustable lower control arms and the MM starter package from the 1st link above.

It looks like it hasn't been lowered much, probably about an inch because that's almost how my car sits stock. And be careful going any lower because if those are 10.5 inch wheels in the back then the fender will rub the tire on any bump especially if you have any weight in the back.

It looks like it hasn't been lowered much, probably about an inch because that's almost how my car sits stock. And be careful going any lower because if those are 10.5 inch wheels in the back then the fender will rub the tire on any bump especially if you have any weight in the back.

I dont know if that is necessarily true, I run 295-35-18, and I can put about a finger between the tire and the fender and I have no scraping issues. of course adding weight in the trunk may change that. Also driving like a jackass may also cause rubs when you hit bumps. I have been driving my car for at least 10 years with this setup.