How much HP can our stock AODE handle

• Sponsors (?)

mine has a 180k all original besides a shift kit and she gets a heatlhy dose of abuse...not sure on hp numbers and i know thats its not extremly high yet but it has been a very reliable piece for me maybe i can get some numbers here soon

my converter crapped out on a stock motor after about 110K miles, had the whole shudder thing goin on, felt like i was goin over tons of lil speed bumps. 5speed cured that

Like it says how much power can the srock AODE handle?

Lets put it this way, I have a rebuilt AODE with a ****load of better parts in it... The guy that rebuilt it said it should be good up to 550HP.

I have a stock 302 in my car, never tore it apart, never replaced a headgasket, and it has 173,000 miles on it.

With the mods in my sig I may be pushing around 300HP [on the juice]

...Right now, This is the 3rd time I'm sending out my AODE for repairs. :nonono:

The AODE is the biggest piece of **** I've ever seen. And Ford wonders why people look down on the Mustang. :nono:

i dont see why everyone dogs the autos :shrug: just maintain them and they last....i see it all to much that the trans is the most neglected part of the powertrain how many times have you guys flushed your fluid in your auto cars?? when was the last time you guys did a filter change?? i find my auto about 85% more reliable then the ****ty 5 speed i have in my other stang

i dont see why everyone dogs the autos :shrug: just maintain them and they last....i see it all to much that the trans is the most neglected part of the powertrain how many times have you guys flushed your fluid in your auto cars?? when was the last time you guys did a filter change?? i find my auto about 85% more reliable then the ****ty 5 speed i have in my other stang

I changed my filter and fluids about every other oil change.....so every 7k miles....

Lets put it this way, I have a rebuilt AODE with a ****load of better parts in it... The guy that rebuilt it said it should be good up to 550HP.

I have a stock 302 in my car, never tore it apart, never replaced a headgasket, and it has 173,000 miles on it.

With the mods in my sig I may be pushing around 300HP [on the juice]

...Right now, This is the 3rd time I'm sending out my AODE for repairs. :nonono:

The AODE is the biggest piece of **** I've ever seen. And Ford wonders why people look down on the Mustang. :nono:

I find they look down more on the Auto trans for the mustangs then the Mustang itself. And as far as the "chitty 5-speed" Same thing as the auto, if you maintain it and dont abuse it too bad it lasts. Plenty of guys on there have 5-speeds with HCI combos on the same tranny who visit the track quite frequently and have no problems. A buddy of mine has a fully built 350 Camaro with a vortech supercharger, and a locker rear, with a WC t-5 and he has had no problems, but it started as a built auto with a 2800 stall and he blew that tranny to chit, and now with the T5 he runs it a lot with no complaints. And he also has a TT 350 Camaro with a WC t-5 and has no problems at all. Its all in the way you maintain it. I personally LOVE MY T-5 but others love their auto's. Thankfully for me I have not had the luck some guys have had with their 5-speeds. But just as many have had problems with their auto's also. Thats just life

Derrick

Most people that drive sports cars wouldn't consider an automatic transmission. Of course there are exceptions - those that have track demons, or those that found the *perfect* car, except that it had an auto (I almost bought one, but held out). Still, there are those that prefer not to shift.

I don't understand it...but I'm cool with it :nice:

One thing we do know here, is that the auto that came in our cars falls short in the performance section in more ways than one. Firstly, it's terribly inefficient, and you will always see more performance from a stock T5 than you will from a stock AODE. Secondly, a TC is almost a necessity if you indeed want any power from your Auto. All of that, and you still have a transmission that can drop dead at any time.

"i find my auto about 85% more reliable "

There is no way an auto is more reliable than the t-5.

well i must have gotten a lemon t-5 in my vert because that thing is the biggest piece of garbage in existance..tons of money and it is still a turd lol...my trans i flushed and put a shift kit in it and it holds up great...once i finish my 351 build i will probley be using a c4 but regardless it will be a auto..with a manual valvetrain so kinda like a stick i guess :shrug:

i just changed my filter the other day, got rid of the chattering a little bit from 2nd to 3rd... i only emptied out about 3qts of fluid, that **** was BLACK!!!!

the magnet in the tranny pan had ALOT of metal shavings in it... :( and im only @ 99k

If it's black, you might as well flush the system as best you can and change it all again. You are now on borrowed time.

Last time my O/D band went South, I poured black coffee looking fluid out of my stock converter. :(

well i must have gotten a lemon t-5 in my vert because that thing is the biggest piece of garbage in existance..tons of money and it is still a turd lol...my trans i flushed and put a shift kit in it and it holds up great...once i finish my 351 build i will probley be using a c4 but regardless it will be a auto..with a manual valvetrain so kinda like a stick i guess :shrug:

Yes, you must have a buggered one.