How much HP can the rearend and Tranny hold.

mustangfo

Apr 11, 2005
Jacksonville
I have a 95 Mustang that i have been building for two years now. Putting a 351W in it. I stroked it out to a 408, Ford Racing Z302 heads, F303 cams, and MSD. I am going to put a new rearend and tranny in it but was wondering how HP could the stock reanend and tranny hold up.

• Sponsors (?)

mustangfo said:
thanks. how long do you think that will last for me. i am going lauching around 4000RPMs. I know that i have to change later. what would you recommend on the rearend.

I'd go with a F250 T-Loc and 31spline Superior axles for a street/strip car.

I'd get rid of that cam. Those heads make power about that cams range. The tranny and rear depend on how bruised and battered the stock unitl is already if its unmolested ive heard of some taking 425+ with only track duty no road use. A daily driver i would say 350-375ish. Depending on how you drive and shift it.

i am just waiting on some money for my suspention kit. then i am going to just rip everything out on some back roads that i know it will be safe for me to do it on. then i will build me up some. i will post pick next week of my car and the engine. if anyone wants to see.

95WhiteVenom said:
I'd get rid of that cam. Those heads make power about that cams range. The tranny and rear depend on how bruised and battered the stock unitl is already if its unmolested ive heard of some taking 425+ with only track duty no road use. A daily driver i would say 350-375ish. Depending on how you drive and shift it.

the reason that i am using the cam that is in there is because i want to get use to the power and then i will up the cams and port the heads.