how much hp can you get out of this?

fivespeedsteed

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 17, 2003
Richmond, VA
how much hosepower can you get out of a fully built ALL MOTOR 306. im talking everything except turbo, s/c, or spray. alum. dart block, all forged internals, roller rockers, custom ground cam, good head and intake manifold combo, injectors maf, everything you can do to an all motor engine while still having it run on pump gas. how much hp can you expect. dont worry about torque either. just throw a guesstimate out there.

• Sponsors (?)

I think he said a dart block. or maybe that is in the "excepts" I can't tell, its hard from the punctuation, I'd be interested in knowing as well. my guess would be somewhere in the 400s

kevin2m4 said:
the block cracks at 500

...so...he says all alumnium dark block...so that wont crack until 1300+hp. But im not sure, I would say on a none professional race car done 100% perfect MAYBE 450rwhp max, but that is probably high. I could be wrong though :D

grey5.0beast said:
I think he said a dart block. or maybe that is in the "excepts" I can't tell, its hard from the punctuation, I'd be interested in knowing as well. my guess would be somewhere in the 400s

lol wow u beat me to it as I was posting my other post but we basically said the same thing...i had to go back and reread the dart part lol but I dont think its on the excepts i think its on the Including lol :nice:

If you could have all that stuff....

A little over 600hp.

You would have to put a ton of work into it,and some serious bottom end mods (billet crank with honda rod jornals,aluminium rods,custom pistions with 2 rings).Not to mention big heads,big cam,and a matching tunnel ram I would use direct port mechanical injection.

Sence its only a 306...turn it to 10,000+ rpms and pray it holds out.

aliate x you always burst my bubble. im just trying to friggen see how reliable and unreliable some engine combos are. sorry for asking a question about mustangs, i didnt know that this is the wrong site. you always come in and say something smartas s. cant you just chill out and ignore me. so to the people who care.....your saying that an overkill 306 is gonna suck on driveability, and that something like a 347 that is more simple would be better for power, cause i thought that strokers just made a big difference in torque? when i made this thread i was asking 2 things. how much a 306 with normal simple everyday reliable mods (not overspun, not over ported, ect.) would make....and how much a completely badass 306 would make. now i realize the latter is too un reliable.

so forget this thread and that i even started it, aliate killed my desire to learn. thanks to all that tried.

fivespeedsteed said:
arent darts 306?

I belive they come 302, but people usually bore and stroke them. If you have the motor apart and your putting a rotating assembly in, theres really no reason not to go 331 or 347. The only reason you make a 302 to a 306 is to clean up the cylinder walls, say if they are scored or something, you bore it out therefore cleaning up the cylinder walls, and it just happens you have 4 more cubes. You wouldnt make a 302 to a 306 for more power.

400 horse from a N/A 306 would be very very unstreetable. it would have to rev super high, like 7000+rpm to make that power, and you wouldnt be able to use that RPM on the street. With the huge cam you will have to have, idle will be non-existant. Car will be SUPER doggy down low. Wont really make power till 5-6k .

Its possible but not streetable and it would crazy to maintain.

a bolt on 302 stang would smoke a "400hp N/A 306" any day.

the 306 would be doggy down low and have trouble getting to its powerband, and when it does get to the power band, it will spin the tires with 400 hp on the street.

all while the bolt on car is pulling and has won the race.

what may work for the track may not work on the street.

now if you went with a SC i could see streetable 400 HP on a 302, wouldnt be so radical like the N/A one would. But still would spin tires. but would be more suited for the street.

a good stroker 347 or a nice 351 would be a little more practical.