How much HP do I have?

You guys should be proud of yourselves. I've been watching, and avoiding commenting because I'm annoyed at the question in the first place, but you all have managed to keep it civil despite being called a bunch of GDFDB's. (sounds like a communicable disease if you say it fast):eek:
This is the one thing that hasn't been said to the OP outright,....despite it being offered in just about every reply.
You are looking for a magic number based on manufacturer claims. If you honestly think that you can take your stock combination, and add this, plus that,...add this and a 75 hp shot of that, and get a realistic uhhh........ guess, then you are sadly mistaken.
A 75 hp shot is never a 75 hp shot of nitrous (it's a manufacturer's educated guess, based on some test mule) Like it's already been pointed out to you,... two identical engines w/ the same mods rarely make the same power. The formula that has also been offered to you for tallying up what hp you have, is best verified either at the track or at the dyno, and your tuner, your brother, hi po part manufactures and yes, even Google are all gonna be inaccurate until you get to one of those two places.
I still don't get the point of your question,....you just googled your HCI combo, and added the ambiguous 75hp gain(all 75 hp gain) to your magic number, and now you are secure in the knowledge that your 302 w/ admittedly worn rings makes what?........425.
If it was so easy to answer your own question, why are you asking it here?
I will venture a guess here, I'm way older than you. Suffice it to say that even if your engine makes what you think it will,...I've had an engine that made 3 times that. All this goes to say that on my current car,....... despite the fact that it has HCI, long tubes, and a manual rack,...when asked how much HP I think the engine makes my answer is always the same...........
I Don't Know, I haven't had it on a Dyno yet.

like i said, it was a question that many people can and will answer for me in their best, honest OPINIONS based on their knowledge about mustangs. What I learned from this post is the following...
I learned that even brand new cars from the manufacturer should NOT put HP numbers. No point in it because they are wrong in the first place.
Any products that claim to add HP to your combo probably do not add anything but a louder noise and a thinner wallet.
The only people who know what true HP are srtthis and noobz. I am sure they work for car and driver or something like that. or, more than likely they are unemployed living off me. :)
madmike gets the golden award for not wanting to comment but then deciding to enlighten everyone with a recap, if you will, of the entire thread. he not only did a play by play of what was asked, but he broke down and shared with us how much HP he has had (3 times what I may or may not have). which no one even asked or gives 2 poops about. he also shared that anyone who has never had their car to a Dyno (99% of the population) should just say"I don't know, I haven't had it on a Dyno yet". So, from now on, that will be my answer and I will be sure to share this advice, to everyone I know. In fact the people who have been to a Dyno probably don't have true numbers in the first place. you can go from dyno to dyno and get varying re:taco:s! Mmmmm new thread maybe?! :)
We also learned that he "may" be older than me! Based on my best predictions from his advice, his "boltons", him having 3 times the HP at some point in his life, he MUST be 41 years old!!!!!! Look at that, I even took an educated guess based on one thread you wrote to come up with your age! I say that is pretty damn good! Mind you I could be off by a few years due to "wearing out", beer belly's, divorces, etc... I was still able to give that educated guess without him giving me all the necessary info to get a 100% guaranteed age! :)

• Sponsors (?)

like i said, it was a question that many people can and will answer for me in their best, honest OPINIONS based on their knowledge about mustangs. What I learned from this post is the following...
I learned that even brand new cars from the manufacturer should NOT put HP numbers. No point in it because they are wrong in the first place.
Any products that claim to add HP to your combo probably do not add anything but a louder noise and a thinner wallet.
The only people who know what true HP are srtthis and noobz. I am sure they work for car and driver or something like that. or, more than likely they are unemployed living off me. :)
madmike gets the golden award for not wanting to comment but then deciding to enlighten everyone with a recap, if you will, of the entire thread. he not only did a play by play of what was asked, but he broke down and shared with us how much HP he has had (3 times what I may or may not have). which no one even asked or gives 2 poops about. he also shared that anyone who has never had their car to a Dyno (99% of the population) should just say"I don't know, I haven't had it on a Dyno yet". So, from now on, that will be my answer and I will be sure to share this advice, to everyone I know. In fact the people who have been to a Dyno probably don't have true numbers in the first place. you can go from dyno to dyno and get varying re:taco:s! Mmmmm new thread maybe?! :)
We also learned that he "may" be older than me! Based on my best predictions from his advice, his "boltons", him having 3 times the HP at some point in his life, he MUST be 41 years old!!!!!!
Look at that, I even took an educated guess based on one thread you wrote to come up with your age! I say that is pretty damn good! Mind you I could be off by a few years due to "wearing out", beer belly's, divorces, etc... I was still able to give that educated guess without him giving me all the necessary info to get a 100% guaranteed age! :)

Yeah, despite the fact that all you had to do was click on my profile, and you could have found out the true, hard core facts, you guessed. You were off 13 years.

So lets see, even your "educated guess" (Which wasn't very educated, since you failed to click on my profile) had you miss the true actual number by 25%. You seem to be good w/ that number. so your 425 HP number could actually vary by as much as 106.HP. So based on your educated guess, you'll actually have 318. Whoo! look at you,...setting the world on fire.

You are Dense. I qualified my answer to you not to brag about my past horsepower, but to say that even after all of that, I still don't venture wild ass guesses based on what it should be.
Time to go away now junior.

noobz has a great pair you can have

*sigh* Straight to the gutter.... NOT THOSE KIND OF GRAPES!!!

Besides, it sounds like you and Noobz got that sewn up already..:lol:

Anybody ever figure out how much hp this poor fella has, or are y'all still givin him chit?

I'm impressed, Mike even stpped up! :rlaugh:

I just noticed this thread and was highly worried that there was a serious multi-page "what's my horsepowarrrr" topic. I was relieved to find out that the thread was only serious for about 3 minutes and the rest was nothing but a typical derailment! I was about to come in here and smack a btich if this many people were taking this topic seriously.

Reactions: 1 user